• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What To Pack In Your Hospital Bag - Suggestions

:rofl: at waterbirth pooping.

anyhow, anyone know where I can get a battery operated hairdryer from lol

i was thinking they must have hair dryers there cos they cant expect women to sit about with wet hair in the winter!

god I sound like my mother lol

The hair drier is one thing I've been wondering if I should take or not

My mum has a tiny travel hair dryer compared to my whopping great thing, perhaps if I packed that then played some music with the hair dryer on low they'll not notice and as it's small I can hide it if they come in :rofl:

All stressed at thought of being separated from my hairdryer! I have wavy hair which loves to wave in the 'wrong' direction, esp my fringe - and as other people have mentioned, I just do not feel clean or 'right' if my hair doesn't feel really clean. I know it might sound stupid, but it's just important to me. I'm glad people have suggested taking it anyway - if I can get away with using it, I will (given that the restrictions are not for medical reasons, but just 'our engineer is supposed to check it first' ones). But feeling a bit 'eeeek!' that I might get it out of my bag and be stopped from using it! What would I do?!
Good idea: taking shaving kit for OH - he gets v stubbly v quickly and the baby will be far too delicate to be kissed by that! Thanks everyone!

I just dont fancy sitting around with wet hair it would take hours and hours to dry naturally

After spending a couple of nights in hospital I am definitely going to be bringing earplugs, my own pillow or two and a nice throw rug. Hospitals are not designed for comfort, I hardly got any sleep and was so uncomfortable with the rock hard hospital pillows which are covered in plastic and the stiff hospital sheets.

I thought about earplugs after a stay in hospital, but then i worried about hearing LO :)

You will hear your little one! They are right next to you so I doubt earplugs can drain out the noise. Just in my experience the wards are noisy during the nights, with buzzers going off outside and the nurses walking about doing things, that if you can drain out some of that noise it will help you rest a lot better and if bubby cries then you will definitely hear that because they are right next to you :)

:hugs:

I thought I would post the "What to Pack Checklist" I was given in my "Prepare for Childbirth" classes. I found the list super helpful. :happydance:

robe and slippers
focal point
favorite music w/ portable player
sour candy on a stick
flavored ice chips
washcloths
Hand & body lotion
Lip Balm
Mouthwash/toothbrush/toothpaste
Deck of cards, magazines, dvds and etc
Nutritious snack for partner
warms socks
back massage items (tennis ball)
list of phone numbers
change for vending machine
portable fan
band for long hair
video/ camera
extra pillows & pillow cases
2 or 3 nightgowns
toiletries
hair care items
make-up
going home outfit for mom
going home outfit for baby and receiving blanket
good book
Baby book (for hospital footprints)
Birth Plan
change of clothes for partner or coach

:happydance:

Another good idea would be a sleep mask as I'm sure there are lights on all night and kinda hard to sleep when it's like that. now where can I get one for my LO? :rofl:

would the hairdryer noise not really annoy the other mum's there...

I would defo unplug that stupid thing and throw it into the woman's face if somebody would wake me or my baby after labour with their stupid hairdryer.

im going to a bith centre so will have my own room not be on a ward

that's ok then...but imagine somebody would start using their hairdryer on the ward...nightmare. lol

Looks like I'm going to have to be induced, so the hairdryer idea is out the window cause I'll be in a different hospital, and on a ward rather than in my own room. Argh!

Hospital bag is going to have to undergo some serious re-packing!!

This list is SUPER HELPFUL! Thanks ladie! I now have 3 A4 sheets of everything I am ever likely to need!

Roll on matenrity leave so I can get buying/packing!!! :dust:

Thanks again!!!

Sam :flower:

Another good idea would be a sleep mask as I'm sure there are lights on all night and kinda hard to sleep when it's like that. now where can I get one for my LO? :rofl:

I was told where i was they just leave the middle light on so if your curtains are shut it should not afect you and you have your own bed light if you want the light on

Hospital bag is re-packed!

It's now minus my bikini top (no water birth for me :(), and plus a few pairs of pants, another pack of mat pads, more vests and sleepsuits, a pair of PJs, and a load of nappies.

would the hairdryer noise not really annoy the other mum's there...

I would defo unplug that stupid thing and throw it into the woman's face if somebody would wake me or my baby after labour with their stupid hairdryer.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
My thoughts exactly, ladies I appreciate you want to look your most gorgeous but Hair brush and hair band will do just fine you'll have other things on your mind honest save the space from the straightners and i pod docs and hairdryers for chocolate and maybe some posh handcream and a bottle of nail varnish.xxx
:hug:

TBH my requirement for a hairdryer is purely practical, not vanity driven as my hair would still be wet the next day if I went to bed with it wet! I do agree that hairdryers going off when others are trying to sleep is inconsiderate but I too will be in my own room.
Music during labour is something that's very important to me, and that's why I would have liked to take my ipod and dock. My midwife suggested that unless I was into Richard Clayderman or whale music I take my own in with me :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->