• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What To Pack In Your Hospital Bag - Suggestions

When I was on the maternity ward yesterday I had a read of the welcome booklet and ours doesnt supply nappies, cotton wool or any sanitary stuff - so make sure you pack lots :hugs:

:rofl: Ipod dock and straighteners definitely have priority over nail varnish!! :shock: :lol:

Can you imagine trying to see to your baby with wet nail polish on? Not a good idea lol.

:rofl: Ipod dock and straighteners definitely have priority over nail varnish!! :shock: :lol:

Can you imagine trying to see to your baby with wet nail polish on? Not a good idea lol.

Totally agree hun! Good luck with the induction btw x

Quick question Ladies. Tried searching for the answer, but I'm a bit hopeless with the searching on this board.

How many breast pads will I need? The ones I've got are in packs of 40 and I'm packing for a 24 hour stay (as recommended by hospital) and leaving another bag for OH to bring in if I stay any longer.

I AM planning on breastfeeding, if this makes any difference...

Will I need the full pack of 40, or can I take some out and put them in a separate smaller bag to save space?

Thankies xxxxx

Quick question Ladies. Tried searching for the answer, but I'm a bit hopeless with the searching on this board.

How many breast pads will I need? The ones I've got are in packs of 40 and I'm packing for a 24 hour stay (as recommended by hospital) and leaving another bag for OH to bring in if I stay any longer.

I AM planning on breastfeeding, if this makes any difference...

Will I need the full pack of 40, or can I take some out and put them in a separate smaller bag to save space?

Thankies xxxxx

Hi I think you could easily take half out if not more....it takes a couple of days for your milk to arrive. You may leak a little colostrum (especially if you leak a little already) but not much at all as the baby only has about a teaspoon of that at a time, if you offer baby it every 2 hours or so then you may need 10 sets of pads if you need to change each time, you may want to use the pads to feel fresher and get ready for your milk. Hope that helps?:hug:

My List for Hospital

• 4 pairs warm socks (winter dark colored ones)
  • 3 new pajamas with bottoms
  • Two zip up sweatshirts
  • 5 pairs of undies
  • Few maxi pads from home
  • Ear plugs
  • Slippers
  • Going home outfit for myself (sundress)
  • Lip balm
  • Snacks (granola bars and kids treats)
  • Drinks
  • Magazines
  • Cell phone/Camera
  • Video Camera
  • Chargers for camera, phone and video
  • Change of clothes for Hubby
  • Bath soap
  • Shampoo
  • Hair Brush
  • Tooth brush
  • Tooth paste
  • Acne pads
  • Shower face wash
  • Make-up bag
  • Hair dryer
  • Extra grocery bags for take home items
  • Baby car seat, with head support and strap covers
  • Baby blanket
  • Three pairs of baby socks
  • Three onesies (one photos, one home, one spare)
  • Doggy baby hat for home
  • Two Diapers
  • Bras

okay may have missed something... foggy brained today...

My List for Hospital

Nappies/diapers? Or maybe your hospital supply them? And what about breast pads/nursing bra if you're planning on BFing or formula/bottles if not?

My List for Hospital

Nappies/diapers? Or maybe your hospital supply them? And what about breast pads/nursing bra if you're planning on BFing or formula/bottles if not?

hospitals usually supply all diapers and wipes. I can not think of a time when I had to use the two I always pack. I am BFIng but they also supply all formula... think a couple diapers could be added :blush: ;) also forgot my bra! hehee:rofl:

"Breathe Right" strips if you are suffering from a stuffy nose (like I have been most of this pregnancy!)

What is everyone taking for coming home in (you not LO) I don't want to take pre-maternity clothes cos I think that is a bit optimistic LOL but will maternity trousers be too big and fall off once the bump is no longer there?

I was just going to take the maternity linen trousers and/or combats I have been wearing, as they're under the bump I hope they'll be OK and I can just tighten them up if need be!

I have just remembered I have a pair of maternity trousers that are a bit too tight now (they were ok last week!) so I think I will take them, they are over bump ones but have a hipster waistband. They are black too so will be good for hiding any potential leakage (really don't wanna think about that though!!)

They say to get an idea of the size you'll be when you have had baby think back to when you were about 5 months preg, so whatever you fitted in then will be fine, I have some tracky bottoms and t-shirt..that'll do! LOL

OK, heres what I have, what have i missed? :rofl:

For Mummy
Birth plan
Maternity notes
Nightdress x2
PJs x1
Slippers
Socks x3
Knickers x5
Disposable knickers
Massage oil
Lip balm
Hard sweets/snacks/drinks/magazines
Water spray/Cooling spray
Handheld fan
I-pod
Toiletries bag – toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, shower gel, deodorant, perfume
Spare Contact Lenses and solution
Glasses
Make Up
Hair Brush and hair band
Hand towel
Breast pads
Nursing bras
Nipple Cream
Fresh clothes for going home
Phone numbers
Change for car park, drinks machines etc
Anti-bacterial travel sized gel
Camera (plus batteries)

For Daddy
T – Shirt and Cut offs
Clean pants and socks
Shaver
Toiletries – toothbrush, toothpaste, hair gel

For Baby
Car seat
Blanket
2/3 baby vests
2/3 baby grows
Gift from Mummy and Daddy
Nappies
Cotton wall balls
Nappy bags
Going home outfit
Socks or Booties
Hat
Cardi

For those who queried hairdryers:

have a look at the website for your hospital as mine has them!

The Delivery Suite

This is situated on the ground floor of the Maternity Unit and consists of nine delivery rooms and a purpose-built obstetric theatre. All of the rooms contain standard features such as ensuite facilities, soundproofing, CD players, hairdryers, lockable cupboards for personal belongings on request, a bench top fridge for snacks and drinks, and top-of-the-range furniture and fittings.

does it not matter how much stuff you take with you? i have no idea still what to take, am 29 weeks gone, but it seems like from everything id need, id have to have 4 bags with me? is that right?

My hospital only allow 1 bag per mum and 1 per baby :)

My hospital only allow 1 bag per mum and 1 per baby :)

What do they think they are an airline company or something?!!!! :rofl:

PS you missed the kitchen sink off your list :rofl:

Seriously though glad you put spare contact lenses on cos I am going to do that - I can just imagine losing one during labour!

Yeah good about the spare lenses, what a nightmare that would be to not be able to see baby properly!

I read in a baby magazine yesterday that it's a good idea to take a cheap plastic jug to pour over your bits when you have a wee after delivery!

i packed different bags!
i had a small bag for the birth- consisted of sweets and drinks and music, nighty for me to put on and OH even chuked in a spare t-shirt and smellies.
i had a suit case for me- a small weekend one- with all my bits in for after birth.
a bag for baby- with all the bits i would need for the baby.
you really dont want to be rumaging through loads of bits to get to something so it was nice having seperate bags.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->