What To Pack In Your Hospital Bag - Suggestions

what about evans? my friend had some to go on holidays there, als new look do bigger sizes x

Found one in my size in asda!! :D

Then got home, tried it on and its too bloody big!! :shock:

Odd since I got measured not long ago and my cup size hadn't changed. All my bras fit, but this was massive. Will take it back tomorrow and try on random sizes til I find one that fits :lol:

In regards to underwear, buy a whole bunch of men's underpants! They are the best, they are so comfy and durable, they have thicker material at the front so less chance to leak and they are nice and big and supportive. I've been wearing my OH's undies a lot lately and they feel fantastic, I'm going to go and buy a whole bunch for after my birth to wear around.

In regards to underwear, buy a whole bunch of men's underpants! They are the best, they are so comfy and durable, they have thicker material at the front so less chance to leak and they are nice and big and supportive. I've been wearing my OH's undies a lot lately and they feel fantastic, I'm going to go and buy a whole bunch for after my birth to wear around.

:rofl: Somehow I can't see me fitting in to my DH pants - but the thought of wandering around in his Y-fronts makes me lmao!! :rofl:

Lol, they feel so good to wear! Just go to your shop and pick up a pack of men's jocks, you don't have to go the old y-fronts - they are so nice right now, absolute bliss, so comfy.

Re bras Asda are doing 2 sports bras for £6 or £4 each and i'm finding them really comfy and you dont have to worry about the cup size as they are stretchy.

And my hubby has been telliing me for ages to wear his knicks but I think it is just a ruse so I will let him wear mine, I am not falling for that ;)

Re bras Asda are doing 2 sports bras for £6 or £4 each and i'm finding them really comfy and you dont have to worry about the cup size as they are stretchy.

And my hubby has been telliing me for ages to wear his knicks but I think it is just a ruse so I will let him wear mine, I am not falling for that ;)

:rofl: :rofl:

I was thinking, if I'm wearing size 12 knickers now am I likely to need bigger by the time I go into labour and for after labour? Not sure what size to wear. I was a size 10 before pregnancy, went up to size 12 around 20 weeks and I've stayed there.

Now I'm on maternity leave I am going to start on my hospital bag. We only live a few minutes from the hospital, and my sister lives opposite it so was planning on leaving one bag at her house or in the car.

I haven't bought a new bag or anything, we've got a couple of rucksacks I was planning on using. I've got small suitcases (handluggage size) but my only hesitation about using them is that I can't wash them afterwards.

p.s thanks for the tip about big knickers that go up to your tummy - seeing as I'm being induced I'm at higher risk of having a c-section.

Brill thread thanks! I hardly needed anything when i had my c-section as the hospital provided nappies & swaddling, nighties and bibs. We weren't allowed to wear knickers and had a huge tissue paper thing we were supposed to hold between our legs with mere thigh pressure (I kid u not :lol:).

But the main things for me are all for comfort! - lip balm, books, tissues/wipes etc.

The one thing I will deffo be taking this time is a breast pump. I had huge trouble feeding while in hospital - well it was LO who wouldn't feed. I had so much milk my boobs were gonna explode and I was soaking nighties by the hour. The staff told me to express manually (completely impossible and so frustrating!) - trying to squeeze out milk with 2 fingers! So I'm going prepared with a pump just in case it happens again!

i went to asda yesterday and they had pjs, nighties and katie price underwear all half price

Oohh nice, i got some pjs to exchange, maybe i can get 2 :D (pjs were a gift, not my sorta taste lol)

hi, any idea if i should consider packing a gro-bag for baby for first night/s in hosp or will i not be allowed to use it (providing he is big enough anyway) or should i just go with using blankets in hospital and worry about bags when i get home?

I would leave it out, hospitals will provide sheets and blankets, chances are itll be hot there aswell.

I doubt you would need it hun, in my experience hospitals specially maternity wards are really really hot xx

I agree with Sarah and AG, I was on the ward last sunday and I was SWELTERING.

carrier bags and a watch or something!

i came home with 4 times as much
as i went in with after bringing in more
clothes for little un
and they turn the lights off at night
and i had to keep calling the nurses
to ask for the time!!

:blush::rofl:

Quick question - I bought some disposable maternity briefs - any idea how many a day it's normal to get through? Are you supposed to change them each time you change a pad or is it just throw them away at the end of the day? I'll be hospital 3-5 days and have a box of 5 so far.

I put some dummys in my babys bag yesterday. I plan to try not use dummys but i guessed it was better to have them and use them than not have them and need them.

I would maybe buy some more pants "just incase" of leaks...but if they are ok discard at the end of the day.

I also have a dummy in my bag just incase baby like to suck and its the only thing to comfort him.

I would check with your hospital if they provide towels or not...I know mine do but also some places dont. If not see if anyone on here has had a baby at the hospital your going to and see what they needed to take etc and what was provided. I did this and it was sooo helpful.

Emma.xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"