What To Pack In Your Hospital Bag - Suggestions

I have packed two massage rollers. one with little balls in it. I figured that DH can make himself useful and roll it up my back if i need it and it will keep him busy and out of trouble too! he he.

Ive also packed some face wipes because it can be nice and cool and soothing to use them if you are hot and bothered. LOL. Because we will be!!!

I've got a lovely overnight bag from primark for £6 :thumbup: Its not going to fit my clothes in but i've put all my bits and pieces in like toiletries.

I second the baptiste dry shampoo, i've brought a mini from superdrug just incase i dont get to wash my hair for a couple of days!

:baby:

I saw last night that jojomamanbebe sell disposable big pants (over the tummy ones), I know lots of people complain about the sposie pants digging into their c-sec scars so thought they might be useful.

Ive just emptied out lots of little bottles of gift set things that you get for Christmas, use a little bit of then never finish and filled them with my fav shampoo, conditioner and bodywash. Saves buying more too. Also packed one of those heat pad things that stick to you to help with backpain. Another thing ive packed is a travel pack of moist toilet paper, remembering how rough hospital loo paper is and how sore we're likely to be i thought something cool and soothing would be better for wiping. :blush:

a friend of mine suggested a nail brush because meconium can be nasty stuff!

Ive just emptied out lots of little bottles of gift set things that you get for Christmas, use a little bit of then never finish and filled them with my fav shampoo, conditioner and bodywash. Saves buying more too. Also packed one of those heat pad things that stick to you to help with backpain. Another thing ive packed is a travel pack of moist toilet paper, remembering how rough hospital loo paper is and how sore we're likely to be i thought something cool and soothing would be better for wiping. :blush:

so true about the hospital toilet paper, if i remember its like that horrible stuff we had at school - more tracing paper than toilet paper. I have packed baby wipes (mainly for me) and some tea tree face wipes too. I find that face wipes are great for cooling you down too
*Just picture me panting through labour with a baby wipe laid over my face like a ghost!* ha ha

just wondering if there is anything different you need to pack (or extra things) if you're having a c-section?

just wondering if there is anything different you need to pack (or extra things) if you're having a c-section?

I think it would be pretty much the same, but I'd make sure your pants are bigger than normal so that they don't dig into the scar.

sorry just been noseying in this thread as I am avoiding any housework today LOL

if anyone uses babywipes instead of moist loo wipes please don't flush them - they are well known to cause blockages. Moist toilet wipes breakdown (and I suffer with piles and they're wonderful things!) whereas baby wipes don't :)

Good luck all!

need to get some more maternity pads as im having a c-section and am going to be in for at least 2-3 days.

anyone have any idea how many i should take? dont wanna run out of those as the hospital doesnt supply any lol x

is anyone taking clothes in for OH? i figured spare pants and socks and a tshirt. tooth paste and deo. just in case we are in for a looong time and wants a wash or something. everytime i tell someone, this, they think im a raving loony

I am taking things for OH but we dont live close to the hospital so its not like he can pop back home it would be a 2 hour round trip for him to come home. Plus husbands are allowed to stay with us for the entire time we are there as its all private rooms.

Ive packed spare t-shirt/pants and deodorant for DH. I figured that if we go in during the night and/or we are in for a while, he's probably gonna wanna freshen up at some point! LOL. Even if its just for something to do to pass some more time. Hoping we arent in for a mega long labour but no harm in packing it. Happy DH happy wife!

is anyone taking clothes in for OH? i figured spare pants and socks and a tshirt. tooth paste and deo. just in case we are in for a looong time and wants a wash or something. everytime i tell someone, this, they think im a raving loony

I did last time (or rather he did) and will do the same this time. We're only 20 mins from the hospital so he could just go home but you never know what might happen. Also lots of snacks for him!

I am taking things for OH but we dont live close to the hospital so its not like he can pop back home it would be a 2 hour round trip for him to come home. Plus husbands are allowed to stay with us for the entire time we are there as its all private rooms.

i wish we could have a private room :( i don't like the thought of being alone in the hospital :(

Its why i choose the hospital! All other hospitals in the area are shared rooms and hubbys have to leave after a certain time. I had my first son in this hospital too and it was so nice and clean and every one was really friendly and helpful. Its a reasonably new hospital though only about 5 years old i think

When did u lovely ladies start buying things for ur bag? I feel really overwhelmed with it all.

Yes we are taking a change of clothes for hubby, he'll probably want to freshen up.

Dilek I finished my bag at about 35 weeks. Just write a list of what you need and start buying bits each time you go to the shops, crossing them off as you go.

I just have to say, I think thats absolutely awful that some places dont have private rooms for new moms and their babies! Such a load of shit! Everywhere over here that I know of has private rooms for new moms and babies!

That seems like awful much to take, I really always like to travel light. I mean how long are you supposed to stay there anyway, cuz I would want to getting home as soon as I had the strength to get outta there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->