What To Pack In Your Hospital Bag - Suggestions

i've been home for just under three weeks from the hospital. we were lucky, as the hospital provided us with almost all necessities.
some things we brought that really helped:

snacks...for after delivery (nuts, dried fruit, protein bars, pretzels)
the hospital gave us a care bag with chocolate in it...it was the best snickers of my life!!!!
coconut water (it's like nature's gatorade)
lip balm (dh kept it in his pocket)
aromatherapy spray/spritzer for room and face
candle, little statue, and/or image, etc to focus on

i made a list of the things we couldn't pack too far in advance (i.e. phone chargers) so i made a list and left it on top of the suitcase.

good luck all!!!! :kiss:

If you can fit it in there, a jug, to fill with warm water to pour over any stitches you may have while you are having a wee!

I never though of this being an item to pack into your hospital bag before. At my baby shower, my FIL gave us a pair of sunglasses for LO. They have this special band that goes around his head that you can adjust because it's velcro on one end.

Since it's summer, sunglasses are definitely a good thing to throw into the hospital bag for LO, even if you put the canopy up on his car seat.

If you can fit it in there, a jug, to fill with warm water to pour over any stitches you may have while you are having a wee!

the hospital provided me with these. very helpful for "intimate" cleansing.
fill it with water and the top/cap is designed for a light spray.

https://www.amazon.com/Lavette-Bott...ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1279226046&sr=1-1

Good suggestions on here! Thank you!
Not packing my bag yet, but have made a list of everything and have checked that I have a bag suitable. Will probably pack at about 32-34 weeks. It's exciting, isn't it?! x

the hospital gave me one as well, plus a sitz bath...I was supposed to use 2 times a day for 2 weeks but it really grossed me out, but the lil water squirter for after peeing was phenomenal!! But the best thing was the ice pack pads the hospital has...whoever created those things needs a gold freakin medal, a purple heart, or something!! lol (I have a few I brought home, lemme go take a pic...you twist them and break this bag of water thing inside them and shake them and they get really cold!) But I would pee, use the squirt bottle with warm water, then dab myself clean and dry, then used dermoplast spray (https://www.dermoplast.com/spray.htm) then put on the ice pack pad thingy and I was in good shape!:thumbup:

Attachments

• icepack1.jpg
    icepack1.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 43
  • icepack.jpg
    icepack.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 35
this may be a really silly question... but what size trousers/jogging bottoms should I be packing for the journey home? Cos won't ones that fit me when I go in be too big when I come out?

this may be a really silly question... but what size trousers/jogging bottoms should I be packing for the journey home? Cos won't ones that fit me when I go in be too big when I come out?

On average, you'll be roughly the size you were at 5 months pregnant straight after. So I'd suggest some stretchy maternity trousers, maybe joggers?

OK i've just packed my bags and this is what i have packed

For Baby
- 4 vests
- 5 sleepsuits (just in case - my brother ended up having to get more for his baby cos she spewed everywhere lol)
- 2 hats
- scratch mittens
- Going home outfit
- Booties
- 10 nappies (if i need more they supply them anyway)
- wipes (non fragranced and extra sensitive ones - i cant use cotton wool)
- nappy bags
- hooded towel
- blanket
- teddy for the cot
- sample tub of sudocrem
- 3 bibs
- muslin
- snowsuit (in case it's cold)

Me
- 3 nighties
- 8 knickers
- 2 packs maternity pads
- 20 breast pads
- Going home clothes
- Slippers
- Socks
- Bra's
- Hairbrush
- 2 hairbands
- lip balm
- shampoo/conditioner
- flannel
- soap
- toothpaste
- deodorant
- notebook/pen
- 4 magazines
- camera/spare batteries
- iPod
- antibacterial gel

and spare t-shirt for OH

On average, you'll be roughly the size you were at 5 months pregnant straight after. So I'd suggest some stretchy maternity trousers, maybe joggers?

Thanks! :thumbup: thats really helpful I shall make sure I have some to come home in :)

remember a razor! don't want hairy armpits if we are in there for a few days :winkwink:

i took ten pairs of knickers with me and needed someone to bring 3 more pairs in lol! i was in from the tuesday to the friday, had Jake on the wednesday. for about 3 days i needed all that underwear lol!

20 maternity pads were more than enough for me and i even brought some home. i didnt use sanitary towels as my stitches were so sore and the maternity pads were really comfortable and more 'padded'!

i never used anything i took for during my labour ie cool mist spray because i was so out of it with all the pain lol! didnt even use the vaseline i took for the gas and air!

just take the amount of knickers you have and double it lol! xxx

how big a bag do you girls think i'd need? do you think something like this would be big enough?

https://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/0758819/Trail/searchtext>WEEKEND+BAG.htm

also, weird question which i am guessing may have been answered but, when is it advised to pack your bag?

how big a bag do you girls think i'd need? do you think something like this would be big enough?

https://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/0758819/Trail/searchtext>WEEKEND+BAG.htm

also, weird question which i am guessing may have been answered but, when is it advised to pack your bag?

I'd say that bag would be plenty big enough for your things and I think it is advised to have your hospital bag etc packed by 38weeks, so it just depends on how good you are once you start. It does take a while to gather all the things together!

Feels good to know that baby's bag is fully packed and mine is packed minus the last minute things that will be on a little list in the bag for hubby to chuck before we go (toothbrush, make up bag and snacks) just need to put a thin dressing gown and change of clothes in.

Oh and also just a little thought, I've put in some milton antiseptic surface wipes in baby's bag incase I want to wipe over the surface I'll be changing him on

I would also say make-up/ eye make-up remover so that you can spray your misty water on your face without having panda eyes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->