What To Pack In Your Hospital Bag - Suggestions

6 to 8 hours is the minimum amount of time you have to stay in the hospital I'm going to. I want out asap. Just want me, baby and OH to be together.

I have a few bits n bobs still to pack in my bag but I think I've got the majority sorted

I would have to say clothing for baby, a stuffie, blankets <2> and a change of going home clothes for you that are comfy.

ok, so far i have this

Nighty’s x2
Dressing Gown
Slippers
Socks x2
Bed Socks x2
Knickers x10
Vest Tops x2
Joggers x2
Nursing Bras x2
Baggy T-Shirts x2
Shampoo/Conditioner
Shower Gel
Deodorant
Anti-Bacterial Gel/Wipes
Toothbrush/Toothpaste
Flannel
Hand Towel
Baby Wipes
Massage Oil
TENS Machine
Breast Pads x10
Maternity Pads x20
Camera/charger
Phone Charger
IPod
Phone Book
Spare Change

For Baby
Vests x3
Baby Grows x3
Nappies x20 (2 sizes)
Baby Wipes
Cotton Wool Pads
Nappy Bags
Socks
Mittens
Booties
Hats
Cardigan
Muslin Cloths

Last to pack
Hoodie
Make up
‘v’ Pillow
Birth Plan
Maternity Notes

is it too much? or not enough? its my first, i dont want to be un prepared, but i dont want to be under prepared as its far for OH to go.

i havent got a coming home outfit for LO yet, as i cant decide :blush:

I didnt read through all the pages but did anyone mention hair ties? I always have to put my hair back in a ponytail during labor because I get so damn hot. Id definitly bring my cell phone charger just in case and my own face wash and moisturizer! Also a good idea to bring snacks you like bc hospital snacks are a bit generic and Im always famished after birth.

all the snacks are going in my OHs bag along with cartons of juice :) i was told anything with a straw is a god send. hah

You know you say to take a jug and pour water on your bits when you wee? Does that water have to be sterile? I know thats probably a really stupid question, because bath water isnt sterile! I would quite literally fill the jug up with warm water out of the tap? Is that right? Because I want to do this - one of my main fears is going to the loo afterwards cos I remember from my other kids, it burns like hell!!

You know you say to take a jug and pour water on your bits when you wee? Does that water have to be sterile? I know thats probably a really stupid question, because bath water isnt sterile! I would quite literally fill the jug up with warm water out of the tap? Is that right? Because I want to do this - one of my main fears is going to the loo afterwards cos I remember from my other kids, it burns like hell!!

i posted something about this a while back.

the hospital provided these:
https://www.everythingbirth.com/Peri-Bottles-MED0050.html

very, very helpful. i just used warm water from the tap.
helped to take some of the sting away. stool softener too, also given at hospital. a must!!!

good luck:hugs:

i posted something about this a while back.

the hospital provided these:
https://www.everythingbirth.com/Peri-Bottles-MED0050.html

very, very helpful. i just used warm water from the tap.
helped to take some of the sting away. stool softener too, also given at hospital. a must!!!

good luck:hugs:

Cheers, I might try and get something like this, as hosptials over here dont provide anything like that x

As a mom who has had 2 c-sec and 1 pain med free natural birth i have to vote elctive c-sec all the way on this one too true it means baby and I waill stay in the hospital a few days but despite what the "Experts" say i bounce back pretty well after a c-sec if i should say so myself since knowing i'll be in there a few days i'll need something to do while the baby sleeps as i always elect to keep my baby with me at all times i dont send my babies to the nursery unless the dr needs to do something.... anyway in edition to all the esentials u ladies have afore mentioned i take puzzle books with me and do word puzzles i can play games on my phone and i love music so of course an ipod lol

I am just starting to think about the hospital bag packing stage... Don't really know what to put in in the line of clothes that will be suitable for giving birth in. Or how big a baby to expect. Thanks for everybody's posts in this section and DO post some more if you have input! I will be giving birth in a public hospital, in Australia.

well iv just given birth and I can honestly say dont over do it with loads of useless crap.

half of the stuff I took was a waste of time, u just need lots of nappies, cotton wool nd pads

A lot of the suggested things I'm not gonna bother taking.

I'm almost packed (31w 2d) just need to wait 'til December before I can get measured for nursing bras and then I'll buy some and put 'em in. I have about half of the stuff on most people's lists but still manage to have a rather heavy big weekend bag :/ The stuff I haven't packed are the ones I saw on the lists and thought really carefully about whether I'm actually gonna need them or not.

I gave birth on saturday, and I used nothing!

Well, I used 1 babygrow, tonnes of pads and pants, and pyjamas, and a going home outfit. I was in for 24 hours.

Make sure you take dark clothes/pants/towels. As there's lots of leakage.

Luzelle, I packed a specific outfit to give birth in, and I ended up naked. I was so hot and sweaty!! Plus it just felt right.

Congrats, Sophie-Lou! Yeah, I doubt I will be able to wear much, I'm already getting irritated with my clothes now!
So far I will be packing:
-Two dark t-shirts
-one old nightdress
-sweatpants x1
-shorts x1
-nursing bras x2
-panties, black (five or more)
-two disposable panties
-pads
-nursing pads
-towel
-some antibacterial wipes
-some snacks/jellybabies
-soap
-facewasher
-toothbrush & paste
-comb

For baby:
two babygrows (two sizes)
two bodyvests (two sizes)
hat x1
booties x1pair
mits x1pair
vaseline
nappies
towel
blanket
face washer
nail scissors
sudocrem

carseat in car.

Hope its enough?

yeh i would say thats fine, u probs wont need baby toiletries, sudacrem and nailclippers though xx

after a recent stay my hands were really dry and peeling, im putting in hand cream cos those sprays and soaps are quite harsh and you wash you hands more often. Of course its only worth it if you are there for more than one day i'd say

I'm 33 weeks pregnant, 48 days to go. Thanks for sharing what to bring to hospital. This is useful. Thanks.

Bring a roll of good quality, soft toilet paper is one of the top things my friend was recommended by a nurse as our hospitals seem to have cheap, scratchy toilet paper and that's the last thing you want to use after the trauma of child birth!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->