What To Pack In Your Hospital Bag - Suggestions

this may be a really silly question... but what size trousers/jogging bottoms should I be packing for the journey home? Cos won't ones that fit me when I go in be too big when I come out?

On average, you'll be roughly the size you were at 5 months pregnant straight after. So I'd suggest some stretchy maternity trousers, maybe joggers?

Wow that would be really nice! I still wasn't showing at 5 months. I found out I was pregnant in the 2nd week of the 5th month. I was 7 1/2 months before I had to switch over to maternity clothing.

ive gotten a little bit over excited and already been out and bought most things for hospital bags... so far i have

new jammy bottoms baggy and loose for comfort
a towel
4 baby vests
4 baby grows 2 of which are slightly thicker
baby snowsuit not too thick for car seat but just enough as itl be winter
baby hats
mitts
booties
socks
scratch mittens

mini toiletries...
body wash
toothpaste
toothbrush holder
hand wipes
face wipes
eye makeup remover
moisturiser
body moisturiser with a hint of tan haha
deodrant
body spray
antibacterial gel
flannel
sponge

puzzle book
tissues
nappies
wipes
nappie bags
a strappless long baby doll type top to give birth in
baggie nightie
maternity bras
camera
breast pads
maternity pads
nipple cream
baby names book
maternity briefs

then obviously ill include my preg notes etc...

but what im wondering is do you need to bother taking babys shampoo and body wash and nappy cream etc or will they wash him?

I'm not taking any baby toiletries. I've read that you're only supposed to wash them with water to start with anyway, so there's no point taking it.

I don't know if anyone has suggested this already but my friend said pack nappy sacks to put soiled knickers/clothing in then they don't mess everything else in your case up! :)

xxx

they recommend you dont wash baby for a week now and then only in water at first

they recommend you dont wash baby for a week now and then only in water at first

that's what i've heard too, thanks for posting this!

this isn't really concerning 'what to pack in your hospital bag' however it can aid babies a lot, and many of you might already know this too but for what it's worth.... - after our LO's are born, allow the vernix to stay ON their skin (no rubbing or wiping it off) as it is a natural moisturizer for them and can help prevent some uncomfortable skin issues in their early days of life.. so for those of you with birth preference sheets/plans, add that the vernix stay on the skin and be allowed to soak in :) i realize it's maybe not the most attractive look for them, BUT it's much healthier and protective in the long run!
bless x

Okay here's something that's not been mentioned much (or at all?)

Get a bottle of "witch hazel oil" in a bottle. It helps with swelling and soothing cuts, among other uses. It's in the pharmacy section next to rubbing alcohol, it's like $1.50.
https://www.straightrazorplace.com/forums/attachments/soaps-creams/3052d1180573118-witch-hazel-g_all_natural_cleansin.jpg
https://4.bp.blogspot.com/_ccWC_qkHkY0/RaRD88LKkrI/AAAAAAAAAVU/vs-v8niPeE4/s400/cotton_pads.jpg
Pour some of that onto a thin disposable cotton makeup remover pad (make sure there's no make-up remover product on it, just get the cotton). Then you can put your new cotton circle of witch hazel oil and put one or two on your pad. It will help sooth and reduce swelling of your lady bits!

Also, get some dermoplast. You can spray this directly onto your lady parts to relieve even more pain. :thumbup:
https://images.bizrate.com/resize?sq=288&uid=855746255

https://captainhambone.typepad.com/.../10/the_great_big_h/comments/page/2/#comments

Not started mine yet, just came accross this when someone asked me if i had packed my hospital bag yet and i suddenly freaked and was like Quick! Pack the bag! then realised i still have a bit of time left!Lol Anyways i thought this was funny and other peoples comments seem quite useful also..xx

https://captainhambone.typepad.com/.../10/the_great_big_h/comments/page/2/#comments

Not started mine yet, just came accross this when someone asked me if i had packed my hospital bag yet and i suddenly freaked and was like Quick! Pack the bag! then realised i still have a bit of time left!Lol Anyways i thought this was funny and other peoples comments seem quite useful also..xx

Love it!!

"Receiving blankets: General consensus is that you should steal as many from the hospital as you can, but bring your own, too. Because yours is bound to be cuter and will definitely photograph better." :haha:

I was just making a list of stuff i need to get and this made me chuckle :)

These are some items that were suggested to me. Sorry if there are any repeats from earlier posts:

*Tucks/Hemorrhoid pads -Helps with painful swelling (Place on sanitary pads)
*Dispossible squeeze water bottle-Use to rinse and fresh feminine tissues after using the restroom instead of wipes or tp
*Health insurance card
*Pre-registration forms
*breath freshener-in case of you needing to vomit during labor due to pain meds
*Tube socks -that have been filled with tennis balls or rice- These can help alleviate the sore aching muscles during labor. Just take a tube sock and place three tennis balls inside the sock. Tie or sew off the open end of the sock to keep the tennis balls in place. Many women like to place these between their backs and the bed because the pressure applied makes them feel better. You can also fill a sock with uncooked rice (but not instant). These can either be heated or placed in the freezer and provide comfort during painful contractions
*(If not breast feeding)Cans/bottles of formula- This will allow you to begin with the formula that you have chosen to feed your baby.

i used to do that when i had a sore throat - felt like a right idiot sitting with a sock over my neck haha!

has anyone mentioned a hot water bottle?
i just found mine as i was sorting thru some tubs in the basement and set it aside to take with me... it's got a fleecy cover on it so all the better!
love the idea of a rice sock.. tennis balls would be great too!

Hello girls ,
everytime i read your lists it make me wonder should i or not yet. Iam currently 30 weeks now and everyone is asking me about the famous hospital bag... I don t know maybe i just feel that getting ready is making things more real and so my fear of giving birth...

Hello girls ,
everytime i read your lists it make me wonder should i or not yet. Iam currently 30 weeks now and everyone is asking me about the famous hospital bag... I don t know maybe i just feel that getting ready is making things more real and so my fear of giving birth...

I think you should start getting one ready - think of it this way - would your fear of giving birth be worsened by not being prepared, and would it be (slightly) eased by having everything ready & knowing you have everything you need? :hugs:

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but the dry bastise (sp!!!!) shampoo is good especially if you've had a section, as you have to sometimes wait to get a shower.

I am so overwhelmed :D I have stuff on a table like I am going on holiday but haven't packed it!

i don't even have a hospital bag! really finding it difficult to find a decent one ¬___¬

i found a good size one in primark for £12 but I couldnt shop then carry it myself as I was parked miles away, need to go back with dh. There is a bigger one for £15 but I think that might be too big? They are like a black and white lepard print and have a pullable handle that zips away and wheels but the handles so you can carry it aswel x

Ooo I might have a looky in primark then :) wanted a bag I was going to use again

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->