• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What To Pack In Your Hospital Bag - Suggestions

Ooh okay.... I dont feel awful about getting a huge size then! Lol!
I'm normally a 12...so maybe if I try an 18! OMG doesn't it sound awful

I got an 18. I was a 16 pre-preg, but am now a 14 (in mat clothes at least!) FX the 18 is ok! :lol:

This is a great thread. Cant believe how much I still need to get. I have gotten huge this last couple of week. Peacocks do some fab nighties and I bought 3 today at £4 each. Buttons down the front as well.

my local market had 3 "one size fits all" nighties for £5. they had various lengths and some button front. i held 1 against me and the sides were halfway round my back. and i've just gone to a size 18 clothes.

i dont like tight nighties at the best of times cos i "fidget in sleep" and get tangled in them. b4 this baby i was a 14/16 but most my nighties were an 18 for above reason. i dont care as long as comfy.

i have just got 2 plus size nighties off ebay in pp were £4.79. not going to moan if i chuck em afterwards.

as for bottles and formula - my hosp have a vending fridge of the pre-made 1s, its £1 for 2 bottles and 2 teats. that is the only way they agree to formula, can work out very dear if you in for long time. i got OH and family to bring me a bottle in made when they came to save a few quid.

I'm normally a size 14-16, so I've bought size 18 nighties xx

I got two nighties from Matalan last Friday. The one I choose for giving birth in is a 16-18, and one for after is a 12-14 and has buttons down the front. I was a 10 before. I also got an x-large mens t-shirt in case I want a change.

My nighties were £4 and £5 each and I got a dressing gown for £7, the gown is cute and I will definitely be using afterwards even if it's too big (got 12-14).

BTW what kind of massage oil are people taking in? I thought I could just use my bio-oil or is there a special kind for labour?

Just my Vitamin E oil which ive been using for the stretchies aswell.

:happydance: thats a job for the hubby then!

Yep!! We were shown some techniques that were meant to be relaxing in labour in our antenatal classes - totally forgotten though so shall make DH "revise" this week!

bit of advice take lots of vests and babygros i took 3 of each and had to get ppl to bring me more i was in overnight but those explosive nappys r a nightmare lol. and if your getting the disposable knickers try them on or maybe get a size bigger bcoz mine were so tight they were really uncomfortable

I have put 3 vests (newborn) and 3 babygros (newborn) in
Also 3 vests (0-3) and 3 babygros (0-3) in, will have to see though

I will porb be in for a few days for bf support, should I just get my parents to bring extra or should I take more?!

I will porb be in for a few days for bf support, should I just get my parents to bring extra or should I take more?!

I'm putting spare sets of things for me and baby in the car as DH wouldn't have a clue where to find things if I drew him a map...

New Q - what snacks and drinks is everyone taking?

And i'm off to Matalan tomorrow to get me nighties :)

I was told isotonic drinks and chocolate! lol. I'm considering leaving that til I actually go into labour, and go a wander round ASDA to get snacks and get things really going :lol: (Plus if my waters go in ASDA I get free stuff :rofl:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->