What To Pack In Your Hospital Bag - Suggestions

We have only packed some bags of sweets...choco raisins for me.

Also have bottles of water in fridge and freezer.

OH can easily go to the hospital shops and there is a 24hr garage right at hospital too if it comes down to it.

I dont know what I am allowed cos of the diabetes so put my choco raisins in but I guess I wont be allowed too much sugars....try stopping me!

Just on the subject of massage oils, I am going to take in a Lush 'Therapy' massage bar, not as messy as oil, has uplifting neroli and calming lavender oils :)rofl:) which smell nice , ... and DP WILL be giving me a massage!!

I was also thinking of taking, don't laugh... my bikini in as although I'm not having a water birth I would like to labour in the bath although I might not be bothered about my dignity when the time comes!

Just bought a stash of sweets, energy bars and drinks. No vending machines in my hospital!

Im gonna do same as monkeh and wander round Tesco/Asda when am in early labour to hopefully move things along abit, i shall have my tens in tow though hahaha
Was gonna buy some magazines the other day but i thought id only read them before the time comes hahaha

Big dilemma - PJs or nightie?

My hospital provides nighties but they're minging and I want to wear my own stuff. I've got PJs with buttons so bf should be ok, but do you think a nightie is more practical?:-k What's everyone else doing?

Im doing nighties, only because they keep the wards so warm here and im used to sleeping nudey lol so i think pjs would be well too warm

I have a nighty for the labour and then some really think PJ's for after so b'feeding will be easier with the poppers etc
Im also taking a bikini top theres a chance i can have the birthing pool i will use it as pain relief (like the bath) if nothing else!

I have 2 nighties and pair of PJ's.

Im gonna do same as monkeh and wander round Tesco/Asda when am in early labour to hopefully move things along abit,

What a great idea!!!! I was wondering when I would get munchies and magazines, so this is my plan too now :D

xxx

Will have my tens machine on too wandering round. What a funny sight that will be, walking down the magazine isle and stopping every few minutes to get a buzz from the tens hahaha

YAY had to scream my bag finally came.. it is lovely.. never would guess it a "diaper bag"

May sound daft but is anyone else taking their own loo roll or just me? :blush:

I can imagine the hospital loo roll being not so soft, and if your sore, the last thing you wanna be doing is wiping your bum on sandpaper :rofl:

xox

I don't think you will be needing tp while at the hospital just due to just having gone thru labor, I think first bm after labor was kind of a big deal and happpened at home? idk

are you all buying new night clothes? i'm just nervous they'll be ruined with everything that goes on after labor? maybe i'm being silly

I am going for PJ's only because I hate nighties, and I am going to buy some new BUT just cheapies and only because I want to buy a large comfy size in a dark colour.

Monke I know if your waters go in B&Q you get £250, how much does Asda give you?
I am prepared to just wet myself round all the shops :rofl:

I got my nighties - a black one with feathers on for £4 from Peacocks and a yellow one from Matalan for £4. I am going to wear them now as they look so comfy and to get some moneys worth, although I dont think I'll be chucking them out as I want a waterbirth anyway. I'm sure a good hot wash will get anything nasty out.

Thanks for the tips on what snacks and drinks to take :hugs:

Are you serious about getting cash if your waters break in B&Q? That's fab! :D

I am taking loo roll. It's light and you really never know if you'll need it, and it comes in handy for other things too. Anyway you might be there a while having a "clear out" before something major happens!

I packed yesterday! I've decided to buy something new to go home in as I'm depressed by all my current clothes. Need to buy an MP3 player too! - going down the mall today! :D

I think they give you a voucher to spend in store! Lots of places have a water breaking thing LOL.

I'm taking loo roll too cos have you noticed when you blow your nose on the loo that it makes things erm... move better? (talking about a number 2 here hehe) so I am thinking of labouring by blowing my nose!

Now I am past my due date I need to spend all day in M&S or B&Q.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->