• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What To Pack In Your Hospital Bag - Suggestions

Carrier bags is a good plan! Emsy you have your bloke well-trained! My 35-year old husband acts like he's 13 if I even mention the word sanitary towel. I think buying them in a shop would actually literally make him die from embarrassment!:rofl:

lol! my OH is great. doesnt get embarressed etc. last time i sent him to get me tampons he couldnt find the 1s i had written down and asked a member of staff......who questioned why he wanted this particular type to which he calmly replied "they are the only 1s in the range i havent yet tried!!!" :rofl: apparently the assisstant went very red, pointed to where they were and walked off. i laughed when he told me.

will be sorting my bag soon as with both boys i was in and out with probs from 24weeks

lol! my OH is great. doesnt get embarressed etc. last time i sent him to get me tampons he couldnt find the 1s i had written down and asked a member of staff......who questioned why he wanted this particular type to which he calmly replied "they are the only 1s in the range i havent yet tried!!!" :rofl: apparently the assisstant went very red, pointed to where they were and walked off. i laughed when he told me.

will be sorting my bag soon as with both boys i was in and out with probs from 24weeks

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Good luck hun - hope you don't need to go in so early! :hugs:

Just a tip - I know they're a bit expensive.. but you could buy the mini bottles to save space in your bag (usually buy these in Boots or Superdrug) or buy some empty mini plastic bottles and take those with your fave shower gel in.

Make up - it helped me feel less rough after the birth. I just took a couple of basics, mascare, eyeliner and a bit of lip gloss and powder.

Cleaning spray - I got a spray that kills MRSA etc and was spraying it like a mad woman. Can't be too sure lol.

Ready made milk maybe? don't know if they give you the milk there ..

Bibs

they are selling travel sized one on in tesco at the moment on offer

Got my mini bottles from ASDA, they were on offer.
Anyone taking a baby towel? xx

I'm guessing they would provide one, but they'd be all hard n horrible. N used on so so many babies.
Be nice to have one of your own washed in your own powder n conditioner xox

im 35 weeks and i havent a clue what i need to take to the hospital! do i need to take bottles and formula?

Emily you need to check with the hopsitals, most supply them. I know mine do.

Just thought I'd let you all know that the chucky out paper (?) maternity knickers are pretty cheap in Asda, under £2 for 5 pairs in sizes s - m - l
I bought a pack, think they were like £1.25 or something like that. Not dear anyway.

And re nighties, i can only find long ones in Evans but they are a bit dear at 2 for £20 to probably just get blood on them :( havn't got a Primark handy and the ones in Asda are all too short, they all go mid thigh on me oand i want below the knee at least - anyone else having trouble finding suitable nighties?

I think I am just going to be taking in my pyjamas, but even then I only have one comfy pair. I only hope to stay a few hours but if I have to stay longer for any reason I am lacking in the what to wear department.:(

Just thought I'd let you all know that the chucky out paper (?) maternity knickers are pretty cheap in Asda, under £2 for 5 pairs in sizes s - m - l
I bought a pack, think they were like £1.25 or something like that. Not dear anyway.

And re nighties, i can only find long ones in Evans but they are a bit dear at 2 for £20 to probably just get blood on them :( havn't got a Primark handy and the ones in Asda are all too short, they all go mid thigh on me oand i want below the knee at least - anyone else having trouble finding suitable nighties?

I think I am just going to be taking in my pyjamas, but even then I only have one comfy pair. I only hope to stay a few hours but if I have to stay longer for any reason I am lacking in the what to wear department.:(

hey hun where abouts in ne do you live?? i live in county durham n there r loads round this area...dunno if you are near or not?

sara

xxxxxxxx

Peacocks, Ethel Austin, Primark, Matalan, all have decent but cheap PJ's/nighties in x

I was advised to go with nighties for first couple of days after then can go to PJs, only because of the bleeding

I also want nighties coz the wards are so hot and i usually go comando of a night anyways so dont wanna be too hot

I also want nighties coz the wards are so hot and i usually go comando of a night anyways so dont wanna be too hot

i am a very VERY cold person (normally wear jumpers and cardi's with the heating on full blast all day!) and i was on the labour ward the other day and i was absolutely swealtering!! i never complain about being hot but omg i was nearly cooked !!! defo gonna be taking thin nighties to try n stay a little cooler!

sara

xxxxxxx

TJ Hughes have cheap nighties i got a knee length one for £4

Sara I'm in Shields and there's not a lot of choice here these days and I dont want to travel on the Metro and get squished.
We have Ethel Austin but there's are all too short. Then there's Asda and that's about it unless you want to start paying bigger money.
Matalan might be possible at Washington, will ask my dad if he'll take us up (good thinking!)
Plus all these t shirt nighties arent button front so not really ideal for breastfeeding.

hehe I am sure come the time this will all probably be the last thing on my mind !!!

Tesco?

They have 2 for a fiver...they have spagetti straps, so thought would be easier to breastfeed. However I am having an issue as to what size to buy!
I tried on the 12-14 and they were pretty stretched over the bump... but next size will be too big! not sure whether to go for them or not? what sizes are people getting?

20-22 im normally a 14:rofl: they are lose on my bump now! I had mine from peacocks and they are to the knee which is good cos im 5'7

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->