• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What To Pack In Your Hospital Bag - Suggestions

I've put a towel in, i'd guess most would supply, but if your bleeding and you come out and dry and towel goes near there, where do you put your towel and who do you give it to with blood on it???

We were told to bring our own dark towels.
Take some carriers to put in if gets messy

I've put a towel in, i'd guess most would supply, but if your bleeding and you come out and dry and towel goes near there, where do you put your towel and who do you give it to with blood on it???

COuld be different out here, but when I was in with LO the cleaning ladies took away soiled towels, hospital nighties and brought back clean ones. Worth asking I think - these little details have a habit of making us super-paranoid don't they! xxx

I was told by my midwife that our hospital does provide towels but they are used and washed that much and without fabroc conditioner, that they have an exfoliating effect on the skin and is best to take your own in. lol

Quick question - I bought some disposable maternity briefs - any idea how many a day it's normal to get through? Are you supposed to change them each time you change a pad or is it just throw them away at the end of the day? I'll be hospital 3-5 days and have a box of 5 so far.

i just used granny pants and
maternity pads
the briefs are HORRIBLE!!!!
if you use them just throw
them in the bin when you
need too sometimes you
bleed more then others
so depends on how often
you need to change them
id buy a few more just in
case!

xx​

I think ill take a couple of old towels and throw them away if need be

I have knickers from asda to take they were 5 for £2.50 so got 2 packets will that be enough I plan on throwing them away, i will prob be in a few days for bf support

i brought disposable briefs - purely because last time, i tended to leak over the sides of my pad and onto my knickers - so i brought two boxes of disposable briefs - they're just easier.im going to pack some normal knickers too. Since reading this thread though, ive made up my mind to pack my own pillow! i was so uncomfortable last time on those flimsey little things they give u!

Had some fab idea's from you guys for my bag :) Thank you!

One thing i'm not sure if it's been mentioned already :-

Sun shade for car :)

Ladies you think this sounds ok it's just a rough plan at the moment i guess

Hospital Bags

Labour Bag

Nighty and black vest top
Boiled Sweeties/ snacks/ Drinks
Anti Bacterial wipes & Sprays
Birth Plan
Hospital Notes
Bio Oil
Socks
Underwear
Lip Balm
TENS Machine
Laptop or Tablet and Friends DVD's + CD's
Hair bands and bobbles
Tissues

For Hubby (in After labour Bag too)

Fresh T-Shirt
Socks and Pants
MP3 Player
Lots of Change
Magazines

After Labour Short Stay

Toiletries (including hubbys and baby wipes)
Dark Hand Towel x 2
Jogging Suit and vest top
Trainers
Breast Pads
Night Time Sanitary Pads or maternity pads
Big Pantsx 4
Socks
Spare Change
List of Numbers
Nursing Bra
Nappy Bags
Make Up

After Labour Long Stay/over night stay (Keep in Car)

As above also
Pants x 5
Nighty and PJ's
Slippers
Ear Plugs
MP3 Player
Snacks
Phone Charger
V Pillow
2 Babygrows
2 Vests

For Baby (If short Stay)

Babygrow (coming Home outfit)
Baby Vest
Nappies
Jacket
Dummies
Cotton Wool Balls
Bibs

Good list babydance! Don't forget your hairbrush!

Had a scan today and baby is in perfect position!! :wohoo: So pleased as it makes my chances of a successful VBAC much higher :D

BP good and bloods/urine came back fine. Everything hunkydory! :cloud9:

I'll get weekly checks now and a scan at each one. Am I lucky or is this normal everywhere?

Had a scan today and baby is in perfect position!! :wohoo: So pleased as it makes my chances of a successful VBAC much higher :D

BP good and bloods/urine came back fine. Everything hunkydory! :cloud9:

I'll get weekly checks now and a scan at each one. Am I lucky or is this normal everywhere?

Yey thats fab hunny! :happydance::happydance:

Do you think 20 Maternity Pads is enough for your hospital bag? Too many or do i need more? xx

I've got 20 too. Not sure if it's the right no. either. If it's not enough DH will have to get over his phobia of buying sanitary products and bring more!:rofl:

I've got 20 too. Not sure if it's the right no. either. If it's not enough DH will have to get over his phobia of buying sanitary products and bring more!:rofl:

:rofl:
I'll have to send my OH out too, although he's been and bought before, so no fear in him xx

I've only packed 20..

I've also packed carrier bags for the dirty clothes etc

Carrier bags is a good plan! Emsy you have your bloke well-trained! My 35-year old husband acts like he's 13 if I even mention the word sanitary towel. I think buying them in a shop would actually literally make him die from embarrassment!:rofl:

Thank you everyone for you tips! This is beyond helpful! I was starting to panic about packing this bag for the hospital. I only live about 5 miles from the hospital and would hate to have DH leave me there to run back and forth for pointless things.

Thanks again!

Well I think nothing is pointless - if you feel like you need something then your OH has to run, like it or not! I think we're bound to forget something vital - it's sod's law!

I got my official hospital list of stuff to take today - there's about 5 things on it, that's all! :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->