What TTC cycle number are you on? 105 ladies, 32 BFPs, 6 angel baby

still confused, still have elevated temps, 5 days after last provera pill....

I will friday if AF still isnt here, i was on provera to incude AF but its been 5 days since last pill, i dont feel like AF is coming either.

Ladies if you don't mind can I ask a question about why it takes some so many cycles TTC? It's been really bugging me, maybe you can help? I was wondering when you :sex: all throughout your fertile days + the O day and you have good cervical mucus and sperm count, do sperm reach your tubes every time? I mean whats the reason conception can take so long even with healthy couples? Do the sperm try to fertilize the egg every month? I'm guessing there should be enough in there esp if you are :sex: often within your fertile window? Thank's ladies I'd would really appreciate it if you could help with this obsessed with TTC mind of mine :wacko:

HopeFaith, i wonder about stuff like that all the time. i think it is a combination of everything - I think mostly sperm DO make it up to the entrance of the fallopian tubes. From there on luck plays a hand - can the sperm stay alive long enough to reach the egg, when they reach the egg, is the egg fertile, do the sperm have enough energy left to penetrate, when they do penetrate, is the fertilised egg genetically stable enough to survive?

And then if all of that goes OK, the fertilised egg then has to embed itself in your lining - so is the lining thick/thin enough? Even if it was genetically OK to get that far, it may still have some genetic defects which mean a full term pregnancy doesn't go ahead.

That is what I figure anyway! LOL

Oh and I read that out of the millions of sperm that enter the vagina, only 50 make it as far as the fallopian tubes

rmsh1, Thanks for answering and yeah that does seem to make sense.. When I think about how hard that seems it just freaks me out more... I read in some doctors article online about how you should go get checked out if you had perfectly timed intercourse for 3 months and still didn't fall pregnant...

For most doctors the minimum is 12 months of TTC, not 3. And some make you wait 24 months! Unless of course you think for some reason something is really wrong with you. I have just started seeing a doctor now, I get my day 3 blood results tomorrow. I was supposed to get my post ovulation bloods taken end of last cycle, but it was anovulatory. So still waiting to check my progesterone levels next time I do actually ovulate

Hi again!

I am cautiously putting this here as I have my bloodwork to confirm on Saturday but I have gotten tons of BFPs on ICs and pregnant on a digital!!! It looks like I'm pregnant!!

Congrats hopingforit! I have read a bit about your journey. Hope you have a good sticky bean! :hugs:

Congrats!

Afm

Shouldnt my bbt be going down since im off provera? 5th day off provera and temps are still high.

Do you not think you ovulated Liz? It is highly possible you did

I really have no idea, my charts in my sig, what do you think?

This is my post from pg 96, maybe you missed it?

Liz it is possible that you have ovulated. If so, your progesterone levels might be too high for AF to come. I would wait until about 14 or 16 dpo before wondering where AF is. Provera wont stop ovulation if you were about to ovulate anyway, it just falsely raises your progesterone level to make your body think you have ovulated. then when you stop the provera, your progesterone levels drop and hence AF arrives. If you have ovulated, your progesterone levels will still be high

i could be completely wrong!

Hey girls, Im a familiar face on bnb lol
Can I join please?? I forget what cycle I am now, to many.....

NTNP since 2009 and TTC since May 2010...
So I will just round it up and say cycle 24???

Hi Sharnw, sounds like you are due a BFP after all this time :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->