What vitamins are best to take??

pebbles10

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Can I ask what vitamins you are all taking and what do you think are the best?:shrug:

Ttc no2 I originally to pregnancy care.

Is this still a good one in the uk??

Thanks.xxx

Don't know what's in the uk and I am in USA, but I take target up & up brand prenatals and think they work just fine :)

Personally I'm just taking a regular multi vitamin with cod liver oil. Also been taking folic acid daily too.
Going to buy pregnancy ones soon as they will be ok for ttc. Won't bother with ttc ones.

Thank you.
There's so many out there now. I'm confused

I'm not sure which brands are in the UK but I take One A Day Prenatal (the multivitamin and the dha supplement). They come packaged together.

I used to take pregnacare conception vits, but sooo expensive andtoo big for me to stomach.. So I've switched to Seven Seas Trying for a baby vitamins.. Much cheaper and smaller - plus they don't have the rank taste of the pregnacare ones.. They've had great reviews :thumbup:

Plus they're in the "3 for 2" offer in Boots just now :thumbup::happydance:

I used to take pregnacare conception vits, but sooo expensive andtoo big for me to stomach.. So I've switched to Seven Seas Trying for a baby vitamins.. Much cheaper and smaller - plus they don't have the rank taste of the pregnacare ones.. They've had great reviews :thumbup:

Plus they're in the "3 for 2" offer in Boots just now :thumbup::happydance:

Funny you saying that I brought these today. :winkwink:

They are a lot smaller- I'm not very good with tablets and saw these were small :)

I think I will give these a try and see how I get on.

Thank you.xxx

Good luck.

ive been using primrose oil up to when I ovulate.. its definitely helped with cm x

I take Vitamin B-12, Folic Acid, and Vitamin D3

I take Vitamin B-12, Folic Acid, and Vitamin D3

Hi,

I've seen many of the boxes have this in, which is great as everyone says it helps.

There so many know. I went into Hoagland and Barrett and they just said frolic acid!!!

I also take agnus castusand royal jelly... If no bfp this month im thinking on adding in Vitamin b complex next month.. The AC has given heaps of cm :thumbup:

Hubby and I used the Pregnacare Conception and Wellman Conception vitamins.Don't know if it helped,but we conceived in 2 cycles.

One of my best friends and her OH TTC'd for 6 years,and also conceived after using the Pregnacare pills.

I take the target brand prenatals. I'd guess they are probably not the best, but they don't make me sick, which is key! :haha: So I'll be using them for as long as it takes.

I take extra calcium (when I think of it) and extra vitamin D, too...but that was a doctor recommendation based on my particular medical history. Most people would probably do fine with just a prenatal and a little more dairy.

Personally I'm just taking a regular multi vitamin with cod liver oil. Also been taking folic acid daily too.
Going to buy pregnancy ones soon as they will be ok for ttc. Won't bother with ttc ones.

Regular multivitamins have a high level of vitamin A in, the type that is bad for pregnant women, I would recommend switching to a preconception or pregnancy one. If you're in the UK you can get Pregnacare for around £5 a box on Amazon.

Also, cod liver oil is not recommended, for the same reason. Liver contains dangerous levels of vitamin A for pregnant women. You can take fish oil that is derived from the body of a fish, a great source of omega 3 but fish liver oil is not good for you when ttc.

Vitamin A comes from two sources, the plant based one is good and is what is included in pregnancy vitamins, but the liver/animal based one is toxic in high quantities. It's the reason we shouldn't eat things like pate when pregnant.

In reply to the OP:
I'm taking pregnacare conception tablets, additional folic acid to that (because of recurring miscarriages), occasionally I take Royal Jelly and co-enzyme q-10 and I also take Omega 3 capsules. The omega was recommended by my doctor for good egg quality. I also try to eat plenty of fruit and veg and have a good portion of dairy.

I tried the pregnacare but they turned my pee bright yellow!! Think Google said it was vit b that I didnt need? ?!! And then my dogs found them and their pee turned yellow as well!! Haha I havent got round to buying more yet (although I should) gl x

Brought sevens seas ttc so far so good.

Thanks for all your posts really helped. Some of them I didn't know you could have which is brill, at least I can have a back up. If these don't agree with me!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->