What will they do about my scan?

spicyorange

Reaction score
So I stopped taking the pill on 11th September. I didn't have a bleed. I got a bfn on 26th oct and a bfp on 2nd Nov and it was a digi saying 2-3w. So I think I'm about 4-5w but technically could be anything up to 7-8weeks. I have no idea when the midwife will book my scan, if she goes on my stopping pill dates I could have my 12w scan in 4 weeks time but then it could be I'm only 8-9w at that point. Would I have to go back? It would be nice to have an early scan but I don't want too go early and it be blob but not be invited back for a proper one.

She might send you for a early scan before the usual 12 week scan given the fact your unsure of your AF dates .

My sister went for one because she didn’t know when her last AF was .

She might send you for a early scan before the usual 12 week scan given the fact your unsure of your AF dates .

My sister went for one because she didn’t know when her last AF was .
Did she have to go back?

She went for a early scan not sure how far along she was now then she had her normal 12 week scan than again at 20 weeks.

If you were only to be 8/9 weeks at your 12 week scan they would defiantly arrange for you to go back .

Yes with my first I had some confusion so the dr said I’ll send you now just encase. It turned out I was the earlier of the 2 dates (9 weeks) so they rebooked me for one just after 12 weeks xx

Cool. An early scan would be cool I'm terrified of twins!

If you want a nuchal scan - where they measure the neck and take your bloods and combine it with a risk factor based on your age etc - you have to be between 11+3 and 13 ish weeks - so you would have to have another scan.

They won't send me early :( I've been booked for 28th Dec which could be anywhere between 11-15weeks

I would speak to your midwife and express you concerns . Like PP said if you want the NT scan you may be too far along for it .

I don't get to see the midwife until dec 10th so I doubt they will be able to reschedule then. The booking woman basically said December is too busy to have to go back and the nhs can't afford wasted scan and she said they can do the tests in 2nd tri anyway?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->