what will you be doing xmas eve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

missk1989

Reaction score
I have no idea what we can do Christmas eve. We are doing panto the night before. It is supposed to be the first day we spend as a family for over a month but DH just informed me he is meeting a friend for breakfast which has pissed me off. I dont know what to do with the rest of the day? Something xmassy?

were going to have a north pole breakfast, then unfortunately trek to the shops as i don't get paid til then to do a food shop :(
then in the afternoon we will bake, do crafts then will bath kids early and get us snuggled in pjs to watch a film

I'm working until 9am, then I'll cycle home as fast as I can and help OH get us ready to go to the in laws for about lunchtime. We're staying there until boxing day. I imagine at the in laws we'll eat lots and catch up, Micah will play with his cousin and we might watch a Christmas film, then once the kids are asleep we'll get the presents laid out, get some booze flowing and probably do the crossword.. Rock n roll! :haha:

Shopping in morn (not food shopping lol just picking up some stuff I have ordered in store to M&S and Asda)

In laws in afternoon

Festival of lights at the beach at dusk with marshmallows over fire and carols

X

I didnt add numerous amounts of diffusing arguments between the eldest 2/bickering etc!

Bit of a clean in the morning. Then a nice walk to the woods. Then make cookies for santa. Prep roasted veg for Xmas day. Make scotch eggs and party food. Cook beef. Watch xmassy film. Then have party food. Kids have Xmas eve bags. Then it's bath, story, bed.

Need to go to butchers and bakers to pick up my orders. I will most likely have to pop into the supermarket to pick up something last minuet.
We are going to make sausage rolls and bake cookies for santa
Going to the crib service at 4.
Then it's just a case of waiting to play santa when the boys are in bed

We are going to watch the polar express at the cinema at 10.30am and then going to the pub for lunch, after that big baths, put our jamas on early and chill 😃

Working from 7am to 3:30pm, then heading home. MIL might come over for a bit depending on when they get in, they're driving in from out of state. We're ordering Chinese for dinner and then attending Christmas Eve services at church at 7pm. Once we get home the girls will open a present (new pajamas) and go to bed. I'll finish up some last minute wrapping and play Santa then relax with DH, have some wine and watch "It's a Wonderful Life".

We will be going to see fil then travelling up to my sisters where we are staying . Then apparently we are going to pub then BBQ at theirs .

Go out and buy fresh bread
Give k his Christmas eve presents
Cook the chicken and gammon
Have chicken and gammon sandwiches for tea
Watch the grinch
Go to my parents for a Christmas eve party
Bring all the gifts home from my parents and once k is in bed play santa
Get a little drunk but not enough to be hungover on Christmas day!

I'm working a 12.5 hour shift :cry: However before I leave first thing I will get out my OH and LOs xmas eve box that I've made as a surprise.

They'll probably head over to visit family during the day and OH will put our LO to bed so when I get home we can play Santa, have a glass of prosecco to celebrate and go to bed :sleep::haha:

OH is going out for a few drinks with his friends at lunch time and il be working 5-8pm so nothing too exciting. Me and the kids will probably go for a walk and if anyone is off work might meet for lunch.
once im home from work we will get all the pressies out and maybe have a drink then bed earlyish as will be hectic the next day

I will be spending the morning getting any last tasks done, we will have a nice family breakfast, then we are baking cookies,watching Xmas films and reading Xmas stories.
Hubby's dad and step mum are coming by to drop pressies off and we may need to take a trip down to my dad's to take any last pressies as that is where we will open family pressies on Xmas day.

DH is working until lunchtime so probably be a morning of last bits of tidying round for me while the boys play/destroy the house again, then I am nipping to get my eyebrows waxed.
After that I'm thinking wrap up warm for a nice walk, tire the kids out a bit then home to find their Xmas eve bags, baths, new pjs on and get snuggly Infront of a film before bed for the kids, I'll lay out the presents while DH watches me do it and asks what we bought the kids :dohh:
Then we are going to cuddle up and watch The Holiday, usually we do this with a takeaway but I'm off takeaways at the minute so I'm going to make us a little buffet type thing to pick at, pizza rolls, chicken strips, garlic bread and the like xx

Husband is working Xmas eve, so LO and I are spending the day with my mum. We're going over to my nan's for a bit, she's 90 years old now, and needs a lot of care. So she can snuggle LO a bit while I help mum sort things out there. In the afternoon we'll all go to church and DH will meet us at my parents' house afterwards. His job is to get the dinner started! We'll eat with my parents, then head home. Bit of telly, bath for LO, then she'll go to bed and DH and I will eat and chill in front of the TV.

Have a chilled relaxing breakfast. Pop up to cemetery with flowers/wreath for OHs dad's grave. Pop in to see my nan and grandad and then over to OHs mums in the afternoon for food. She wants to give all the grandchildren their presents to open then (not sure what I think about this!) but she won't see our LO on Xmas day so fair dos I guess!

Come home late afternoon/early evening. Bath for LO and bed. Will probably will have to finish wrapping his presents! OH will be putting LOs kitchen together and I expect I will have shower and get in my pjs quite early and finish any wrapping and get the presents out under the tree. Then CHILL!

OH is staying Tuesday night and (thanks to a proper lil emotional breakdown I had last night), we're off to the Reindeer Lodge at Chester in the morning.
When we get back we're going to take the dog for a long walk and collect some grass and leaves for Rudolph to eat.
Bake a biscuit/mince pie for Santa if Lucas has any energy left.
Then in the evening we're having a little buffet for the three of us with party food (mini burgers, sausage rolls etc) and watch the Snowman films and Father Christmas.
Then bed!

Pop to the shop in the morning to buy some crusty bread for lunch
Bake cookies for father christmas (got that idea just now, thanks ladies!)
Watch Wall-e (11 on bbc1 in case anyone wants to know)
Get our bags packed and go to my parents at about 3 or 4
Eat a lot of food!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79