what will you be doing xmas eve?

Status
Not open for further replies.
AM - DS1 is at nursery for a Christmas Jammies party, so I'm going to change the bed linen, make one of his pressies and prep the starter. OH is prepping veg at his mums. PM we are going to a panto, going on a Christmas light walk around town and then have fish, chips and fizz (fruit shoot for F) for tea. Normally we are working and then go to church at 4pm.

A bit of cleaning in the morning, followed by some kind of craft activity - I think making cookies for santa. We will probably also make reindeer food (oats and glitter!). A takeaway for tea, an early bath, and then the kids can watch the DVD in their Christmas Eve bag and eat popcorn.

I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!

Not much as DH is working till 4 won't be home till 5 ish :-(. Will probably spend the morning doing last minute cleaning. Think in the afternoon going to make some cookies with ds for santa. We may go to the carol service at church but it starts at 5 so if ds is running late will probably not go. After kids are in bed DH and I will get a take away and chill before playing santa.

My husband works til 5 so the kids and i will make some cookies for Santa, do some Christmas crafts, watch movies, then DH is bringing KFC for dinner after that we will watch a movie together give kids their pjs, get showered then read our books then bed. Then DH and i play Santa, then some wine and a movie for us the bed!! :)

Working for a lot of it :(
Picking the LO's up from their Dads, then off to my friends with other friends where we get a take away, exchange presents etc. Then it's head home to get the LO's in bed so I can get all stuff ready for the big day :)

Working from 7am to 3:30pm, then heading home. MIL might come over for a bit depending on when they get in, they're driving in from out of state. We're ordering Chinese for dinner and then attending Christmas Eve services at church at 7pm. Once we get home the girls will open a present (new pajamas) and go to bed. I'll finish up some last minute wrapping and play Santa then relax with DH, have some wine and watch "It's a Wonderful Life".

A little edit: my boss just told me today that I can work a half day and get paid for a full day so I'll be heading home around lunchtime and now can spend extra time with the girls and make cookies for Santa with them! :thumbup:

I've circled a couple of things we want to watch on tv planned out :) but in the morning, I'm picking up a few essentials like bread an milk, then coming home to change the bedsheets and quickly tidy up. My mum and brother are coming over for drinks and snacks about 6pm, and OH gets home from work at 8pm. They'll stay for a bit, then we'll put a film on and let LO stay up (he normally makes it to about 9.30pm). Then it's time to put the presents out! :wohoo: OH and I will stay up until we're tired, then it's bed. Can't wait!

Morning will be to head to the butchers for the turkey, and out for breakfast. Pick up some last minute bits ie bread. I have a depo injection at 10.30. Then home to open Christmas Eve packs, makes shortbread and cookies, have lunch, watch a Christmas film. Have chippy tea. Baths, showers and the routine of reindeer dust leave stuff out for Santa etc. prep veg for next day, play Santa then head to bed x

We are going a bit of shopping in the morning then going for a christmas dinner with my family as wont be seeing them christmas day. Then home to watch a movie and oh has to go down his parents to get all the kids presents. Then the night of wrapping for me lol

Our plan is to have a nice breakfast, bake some cookies and biscuits and watch films plus last minute cleaning. OH is also going to prepare some of the food for Christmas day.Will get both girls bathed and in new pjs (from Christmas eve box). I may let Dd1 stay up a little later. Obviously leave father Christmas his snacks and milk. Once girls asleep ill bring presents downstairs and leave their sacks outside their bedroom.

DH works 9a-6:30p, I work 10a-2p, so the AM will be like any other day. After DH gets off work, we have a dinner at my MIL's mom's house (I. Hate. Her. Okay, hate is a strong word....) and I'm not sure if we are going. DH and MIL have the idea that if I don't go, they will take DS without me. Not happening. So I guess I have to go. She's just nasty and mean to be around, and just picks on people for no reason. And she completely disregards the fact she will have toddlers around and leaves Rx meds and stuff on the coffee table in plain reach of small children. I understand not being babyproofed, but at least pick up your medicine and used toothpicks. Ugh.

Then we will go home and DS can get some sleep before we head out for Midnight Mass.

We're doing our Christmas at home on Christmas Eve, as Christmas Day will be travelling between our families. So that morning we'll do our Christmas breakfast (probably cinnamon rolls and chocolate milk), then open gifts with the boys. Then we'll likely play with them a while with their new toys, and then we're heading over to in-laws house in the afternoon. Dh is smoking a brisket for dinner at their house, so we have to get over there early afternoon so it can cook long enough in the smoker before dinner. We'll play board games and watch Christmas movies over there until dinner, then have dinner, and go to Bible study at church. After church I made up a Christmas Eve box with PJs, a few short Christmas movies, hot chocolate, and popcorn to eat with movie before we go to bed. After boys are asleep, all of us will move gifts under tree for Christmas morning at their house. (Morning and lunch at their house, afternoon evening at my family for Christmas day)

A relaxed day at home for us, we are baking santa a giant ginger biscuit, then watching santa claus the move, christmas eve hamper, reindeer food out then bed around 8-9 for Daisy.
I'm always up really late but I'm even worse on christmas eve.

I probably wont be home from work until after 3 at the earliest and hubby is working until 5. After I get home I'm going to build Colin's lego table and then pick him up from the In-laws. Once hubby is home we will have some sort of supper and then probably have a nice relaxing evening at home with some wine for me and maybe some for hubby. Will give Colin his xmas eve bag and watch his dvd and maybe read his book if he'll let us. Will bath Colin with his new bath bomb from lush and then put him in some xmas pjs and when he is asleep the Santa gifts will be put out.

As soon as I read this I said aloud 'working' what joy!! We close early at 2 so should be home for 3ish but Ben is at his dads until 1 on Christmas Day, so maybe just Xmas films, party food and the last bits if wrapping.

Stating home. We will have party food for lunch and dinner. BIL may drop some presents round later. Baths, new pjs and a Christmas film. Then when they are all in bed it's time to set the presents out!! I love that part!

We will give DD her Xmas Eve Bag in the morning. Then we'll be packing up our things ready to head to my Mum's for midday as we will be spending Christmas there. DD will go down for her nap and the rest of us will drink port and watch It's a Wonderful Life and The Snowman as we do every year. Once DD is up we'll watch some Christmassy things on TV and have an early dinner. Bath and new pjs for DD then read Christmas books together. Finally we leave out her sack and a mince pie and glass of wine for Father Christmas then she's off to bed! After this we'll get DS into his new pjs and I'll have a nice bath. Feed DS and leave him with his grandad whilst me, my Mum and my DH head out to Midnight Mass. Back home afterwards for Mulled Wine by candlelight and Bing Crosby Christmas CD. Bliss!

In the morning we are gunna have a lazy one, watch some xmas films and do some crafts as hubby is working. Then in the afternoon we have friends over for nibbles and let the kids play and then chinese take away once hubby gets home. Then bath kids and in bed!
Presents under the tree then chill out with hubby!

Hubby is working. I'll cook the christmas ham and finish off any wrapping. Jacob will probably watch back to back movies and if he's feeling better eat chocolate!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"