What will you miss when pregnant?

CowgirlBaby

Reaction score
I know this may seem like a weird topic. I figure since we're all waiting to try, we have certain things that we like to do that I am sure we would miss when we do hit that special moment of becoming pregnant. It will be all worth it in the end. I know it will be. I'm just trying to make friends and conversation if anything and I am interested in seeing the different things us ladies will miss when we do get our turn to be pregnant.

Me. I will miss horse back riding for sure. I just got back on a horse for the first time since my spinal injury back in January. I got back on today and was reminded about how much I have missed riding and what I love about it and my horses <3 I am currently teaching my fiance to ride so I can still come see the horses when we do get pregnant. Just can't ride at all well pregnant. So that is the major thing I will miss. The more minor thing is pop and other things with caffine in it. I don't drink coffee. I know when my best friend had my god son they told her no pop and no coffee well pregnant or breast feeding. So i will miss that but not nearly as much as riding.

So I'm curious what will you lovely ladies miss? If anything.

You definitely can drink soft drinks (like coke) and coffee when pregnant, you just have to moderate your consumption because of the caffeine and also the sugar (if you aren't drinking diet). I drank a cup or sometimes two a day of coffee all through my first pregnancy, though I don't really drink sodas like coke.

The first time around I would have said I'd miss alcohol, but actually it really wasn't a big deal and I didn't miss it as much as I thought. It was actually nice to have a night out with friends and be the sober one and wake up feeling great the next morning! It had its perks. I think this time around, I'll miss having energy and also working out (I do a lot of indoor cycling). Last time, I was so tired. I like literally was in bed by 7pm a lot of nights. Now some days I don't get home until 7pm and my daughter goes to bed 7:30-8pm, so that's not going to work this time around! Also, I can remember trying to ride my bike even in the first few weeks last time and I was so bloated feeling that it was just so uncomfortable. I imagine it's much like riding a horse too.

When are you going to try? We are probably planning for roughly December/January.

I plan on riding as lo ng as possible during pregnancy. I won't be jumping or trail riding, so that I will miss. I promised my hubby (and my mom, lol) that I'd stay in the ring and just do flatwork for the whole pregnancy. So I'm getting in my fun rides now.

But I'll miss being free to go and ride whenever I want and however I want. And I'll miss it when I get too big to ride. My one horse is fully leased out but my show horse has really only been ever ridden by me. I think having to lease him out is the thing I am dreading most.

I think the one thing I'll miss most food wise is sushi...we eat it pretty regularly. I can give up alcohol fine and I don't drink caffeine.

Think I will miss cycling later on in pregnancy. Don't drink caffeine so that's ok and should be ok not drinking although it's nice to have a few glasses wine now and again but will be worth it anyway.

You definitely can drink soft drinks (like coke) and coffee when pregnant, you just have to moderate your consumption because of the caffeine and also the sugar (if you aren't drinking diet). I drank a cup or sometimes two a day of coffee all through my first pregnancy, though I don't really drink sodas like coke.

The first time around I would have said I'd miss alcohol, but actually it really wasn't a big deal and I didn't miss it as much as I thought. It was actually nice to have a night out with friends and be the sober one and wake up feeling great the next morning! It had its perks. I think this time around, I'll miss having energy and also working out (I do a lot of indoor cycling). Last time, I was so tired. I like literally was in bed by 7pm a lot of nights. Now some days I don't get home until 7pm and my daughter goes to bed 7:30-8pm, so that's not going to work this time around! Also, I can remember trying to ride my bike even in the first few weeks last time and I was so bloated feeling that it was just so uncomfortable. I imagine it's much like riding a horse too.

When are you going to try? We are probably planning for roughly December/January.

We are planning to try end of January beginning of Feburary because my husband is hoping we can have a baby between our birthdays, his is September 28th and mine is October 20th. I have heard multiple things from multiple people about riding horses well pregnant. I have heard some doctors say don't do it at all, some say it's okay in small amounts just walking no trotting, cantering or jumping, and some say it depends on the person. So I guess I would have to talk to my doctor specifically about it. But I wouldn't really miss alcohol, I don't really drink xD

I plan on riding as lo ng as possible during pregnancy. I won't be jumping or trail riding, so that I will miss. I promised my hubby (and my mom, lol) that I'd stay in the ring and just do flatwork for the whole pregnancy. So I'm getting in my fun rides now.

But I'll miss being free to go and ride whenever I want and however I want. And I'll miss it when I get too big to ride. My one horse is fully leased out but my show horse has really only been ever ridden by me. I think having to lease him out is the thing I am dreading most.

I think the one thing I'll miss most food wise is sushi...we eat it pretty regularly. I can give up alcohol fine and I don't drink caffeine.

For sure, I am going to miss jumping and extreme cowboy. Which is why I am teaching my husband to ride, as well as I am going to do flat work. I may try and lease a couple of the horses out, but my big draft mare who I use for extreme cowboy and most of my jumping. No way. I bought Natika from a meat truck when she was young, so she doesn't trust people easily, took me at least a year to be able to fully work with her, and my husband still can't completely get near her. Her ears go flat back and she tries to knock him over. Less so now, but she's stopped with the trying to knock him over, but her ears still go flat back. My other horses would be okay to lease though I think. Investigator is my main jumper and he would be okay to lease. Frosting is just a broadmare, she's not sound to ride. and my other mare Cassi is going back to training and a friend is leasing her from me currently, and may potentially buy her depending on how she likes Cassi. Sadly I outgrew Cassi height wise lol. She's great though. So It's mainly Natika I am worried about. But I've heard lots of mixed things. I've heard of some doctors saying no riding at all, some saying walking only and only if your body can handle it and your body is used to it. Some say its fine all the way up to the time you're due. So i think it depends on the person and their doctor. :) have to wait and see.

A girl at my barn just had her first baby this summer. She was riding lightly through her 8th month. She said at that point it actually was uncomfortable so she gave up. But she was trotting and doing a bit of cantering up until then. I remember when I was younger my trainer was still schooling horses over jumps...not big, maybe 2'6" or less but still. Even then I thought it wasn't the best idea, she was big enough for her belly to be in the way.

I keep seeing the title for this, and thinking, I"m not going to miss anything, I'm going to be so excited for 9 months that I won't miss a thing and will just be constantly over the moon to be pregnant!! lol! Think I may be kidding myself!!! haha!
But I don't drink alcohol or caffeine, meat or fish, don't have a lot of eggs or dairy and have recently quit smoking (although this is very recently - last couple weeks so I am currently missing/craving/willing to kill for one...!!), plus I have a real phobia of horses! I'm not even sure what you aren't allowed other than that?

I use to ride when i was younger but it's not available for me now where I live. I do miss it once in a while, but I know for sure I'll miss the occasional glass of wine or a hard cider (I have insomnia so it's nice to have something after dinner to help me relax for bed.) I love sushi as well but you can still have stuff with crab in it and cooked shrimp, so anything like that is better than nothing! Sadly my guilty pleasure is chips, and you should stay away from salty junk food, so that's gonna be rough since I always have to snack in between meals (Hypoglycemic.)

I hate to be the "naughty Nancy" but I think more than anything I'll miss sexy times with my hubby. I'll probably be high risk pregnancy around 4-5 months and I'll have to be bed rest due to previous injuries as a kid. So they'll probably tell me to not risk it and stay abstinent, ugh not happy about that even though hubby's like "that's ok we just have to make it count and get our fill before then." other than that I then i can live with pretty much everything else, however the food cravings are gonna be awkward, have no idea what do do if I crave something I'm not suppose to have LOL

wait what?! No sex for months would for sure be an issue!! Is it due to penetration that it's not recommended, or orgasm? As I guess you could get creative, but it's never the same! That would go on my list too lol, especially as you are supposed to want it even more in pregnancy!

wait what?! No sex for months would for sure be an issue!! Is it due to penetration that it's not recommended, or orgasm? As I guess you could get creative, but it's never the same! That would go on my list too lol, especially as you are supposed to want it even more in pregnancy!

Sex is usually only restricted if you're high risk or there's some sort of complication. In a low risk pregnancy you can have sex throughout up until your water breaks. :winkwink:

The thing I'll miss most during my next pregnancy is food. Not any specific food, just food in general. I had horrible morning sickness throughout my entire pregnancy with my youngest. I was medicated for it until my third trimester just so I could keep food down. There were only a few foods I could eat that didn't make me sick. Since I've had my LO I haven't had any issues though. But I expect that my next pregnancy will probably be just as bad with the morning sickness.

No high risk pregnancies are just told it's best not to risk sexual intercourse for multitude of reasons. Might cause premature labor, or bleeding or other issues, but yeah that would be the worst eh? I haven't had the check to see so maybe I'll have a normal pregnancy when I do conceive so here's hoping I don't have to stick to second best(oral).

Oh yeah, you can absolutely still have caffeine while pregnant, just keep an eye on what the guidelines are. You can also drink caffeine while you're breastfeeding unless your baby shows a sensitivity to it. I wouldn't have done well at all without caffeine when I was feeding a newborn around the clock, yikes!

As for sex, my libido was through the roof in my first trimester but by the time the third tri rolled around I wasn't interested at all, so you might not actually end up missing it. :haha:

What I missed most when I was pregnant was being able to have a drink when I was out with other people drinking, and sleeping on my tummy.

Oh yeah I forgot about sleeping on my tummy, and sleeping on my back as well, I am not sure it applied to all women, but I know a lot of women can't sleep on their backs in the third trimester because of the weight. I'm not sure if that's for all or just some. But I forgot about sushi and stuff too. I love sushi. So for me it will be some alcohol, horse back riding, tummy sleeping and sushi xD as well as my decentish sized chest xD it's big enough as is and women in my family seem to have a thing where even after they stop breast feeding they don't go back to the size they were before. So I am going to miss my D's xD

The open chest feeling (meaning free from heartburn and any indigestion going on) also sleeping comfortably and being able to control my bladder

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->