What would you do.... dilemma on where to have baby

I would go for the MW led unit.

If you dont have the option of a epidural then you will cope because you have too. This is why im going for a homebirth this time as i know that even if im screaming for a epi (which im sure i will do at transition lol) i dont have the option.

awwh it's great that you guys have the option of not giving birth in a hospital. i hate hospitals, but i have no choice here :( i also hate needles, so i'd much rather make do without an epidural :p but i have a terribly low pain tolerance. so i guess we'll see how i do!

hope your decisions go well! and you have lovely labour stories to share with us later! :hugs:

Destiny, you don't need a high pain tolerance to avoid an epi. There are LOTS of ways of minimising any pain, and coping with it, that don't involve an epidural. For instance (I don't know where you are so don't know if this is an option) waterbirth is really helpful for lots of women. Gas and air is available in the UK and it is available in some parts of the US too, but from what I understand you have to discuss it with your provider ahead of time and have it ordered specially. There are lots of remedies, techniques, massage, breathing etc. that can help. It's not epi or nothing... there are always choices :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->