What you might expect when you go to the doc...

Solus

First ever BFP 10/26/13!!
Reaction score
I just wanted to give you all my experience at my wonderful OB/GYNs office to let you know what to expect if you are wanting/needing to talk with your doctor after not having conceived for a while.

We have been TTC for about 9-10 months now. I have charted very well this entire time. I even printed out all of my data in the form of easy-to-read graphs and charts so my doctor could immediately understand what was going on with me. I think this really helped and also showed her I am serious about trying to get pregnant. BBT monitoring is the way to go!

I went into the doctor's office unsure what to expect. Would she tell me to quit worrying and just go home? That I could never have children? What?!

It really wasn't a big deal at all. I got my Pap smear that was due and talked with my OB/GYN for a while. She looked at the charts that I brought in that I mentioned before, and determined it was time to start running some diagnostic tests. So in the next few weeks, I will have the following tests run:

1. Labs for CD 21 to check progesterone levels.
2. Labs for CD 3 to check other hormone levels.
3. An ultrasound of my uterus and ovaries.
4. An HSG around CD 8 or 9 of my next cycle. (Has to be done just after your period is done and NO SEX until the scan is done to make sure you aren't pregnant when they do the test.)
5. Semen analysis for hubby.

Whew! I am finally going to get some answers. She told me if everything checks out okay, I will probably be a candidate for Clomid since I am a very late ovulator and it should help bring forward my ovulation. I am hoping this is what we end up doing because it sounds the least invasive and least complicated.

I just wanted to let you all have this information in case you need it. I know I would have appreciated it before I went in! Obviously all doctors are different so you may be presented with a different plan of action... this was just mine.

Baby dust to all!

That's what I went through when ttc #1, very useful post. Good luck

Fab, I hope you get some answers :) It's great to be taken seriously, right?

I have a fantastic doctor too. Even though we're just in our 6th cycle(which is super long for me!), my GP has already started tests. I've just done the cd3 test last week and next week I see the ob/gyn. Mainly I got it pushed ahead because I've been experiencing pains since before we even started ttc. I've had lots of ultrasounds already (all ok), colposcopy (finally got a clear result lately) and now I'm thinking they might order a lap to check for endo.

Getting the right doctor is key I think. I'm glad you're getting such great care! My DH us also getting SA done so it looks like our plan will be fairly similar to yours! On that note, I wish you all the very best and I hope you get your BFP!

Hi Ladies,

I went through the exact same thing, after 2 years, we have found the most amazing doctor.
And the right medication, the dosages and everything.

I went for my cycle day 13 scan to chekc if the clomid and metformin is working, and YAY it is!!!!

I did the trigger shot, yesterday morning, so hopefully it will all start working now....

Baby Dust to all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->