what's everyone careers?

hawalkden

Reaction score
As titled.

I need huge inspiration. I'm currently a Nursery Practitioner in the Pre-School room and I love children but I'm bored of the career I'm in. I need a new change. Mainly a challenge e.g. going back to college and eventually University.

I keep thinking and seeing new careers e.g. my friends just qualifing in Teaching or Nursing/Midwifery. Makes me think of new careers but then my mind takes over and I think negative e.g. I couldn't teach a group of 30 7years or I couldn't do the medical exam side of becoming nurse or midwife. I just let myself down a lot of the time and that's what fails me as a person in general when I want to do something in my life.

Also feels like excuses for me like I can't get a blood test done or at the moment take my tinzaparin so how could I ever think of taking blood off people or I can't be organised etc to sort a day out with one child so how can I control 30 childrens books to be marked off and still look after my own children.

So need inspiration and things you guys have had to overcome within yourself e.g. confidence etc.

thanks x

Probably no help.. Im currently a cashier at a major bank.. I need a change but just not sure to what...

Another no help career, I'm a freelance musician!!!

I'm a police sergeant..... Used to be a fantastic job but really couldn't recommend it at the moment. It's not a good time in British policing unfortunately x

Call centre/customer service for me - not exactly the stuff inspiration is made of! X

Im a GP. Taking blood is easy, at the risk of sounding weird I enjoy doing it :thumbup:

I'm a hairdresser :) not a great inspiration but its really fun, rather techincal though with regards to colouring you need to have a good head for science and art :) i previously studied photography which was fun but really hard work with regards to theory and exams, ive done sociology which is pretty boring tbh and psychology which is really intresting if you can work out all the different theories, i originally wanted to be a psychologist or a councilor but i get too attched to peoples problems and upset myself with them. i hope you find something x

Police dispatcher but on hiatus because the hours suck for moms...

I'm a historian (by education; ancient history (Rome) and a teacher in languages at a further education college (no jobs in academia!); but will be a SAHM until LO starts pre-school/nursery....

What about looking at the Open University, eg. take a language class, or history class? What about volunteering in an area that you might find interesting, e.g. a museum or even a charity, just to give you some more options? Also, crafts are HUGE now, e.g. if you knit, etc., you might be able to do something a bit different, but also interesting?

best wishes

I'm currently a contract administrator for a water hygiene company - although shortly I will be managing an equestrian centre / livery yard :thumbup:

I'm a doctor...hospital consultant...and also love taking blood although sadly rarely get the chance now...and I hate being a patient, or having my blood taken so don't worry about that!! Good luck xx

Public Health Epidemiologist :thumbup:

Work in civil service/city government doing 'data management' to put it concisely. In fact I love it, and will be looking forward to going back in about 8 months.

What about opening your own practice as an NP? Or maybe teachin nursing at a local University? My mom is a public health nurse, though originally trained as a clinical nurse she is now doctorally prepared and is a professor in a nursing school - she adores it.

What aspect of your job ARE you most happy with/passionate about?

I was a nursing major for one semester - then I realized I literally despised the patient care aspect but loved the health aspect - came to discover public health and he population-centered side of things. Fell in love with handling data, not people.

I work in Hospitality management, I manage events such as weddings, christenings and lots of other types of functions. I recently went back to work for one day last month to work on a lunch for the queen!! but really its rubbish long hours and not great pay but I do enjoy it and I think thats the main thing. x

Web designer. It's hard to keep knowledge up to date when you have a wee baba...

Currently I work for the Red Cross. Blood donation and plasmapheresis donation.
But I'm graduating this month as a pharmacist's assistant.

I'm a sahm now but used to be an operations manager for a high street printing franchise. Once Scarlett is 3 or 4 I hope to start a midwifery degree. Accidentally ending up Delivering my own.baby inspired me massively.

I went to art college for illustration and then later did a MA in Art History. I first worked as an illustrator and then as a antique and decorative furniture restorer. Since the latter involves quite a lot of nasty chemicals, I stopped a while before we conceived and went back to illustrating greeting cards on commission. If you are artistic this is something you could do from home. Just involves putting together a portfolio and sending it off to either agencies or publishers. Dunno if that is any help? Good luck :) xxx

I'm a social worker. Absolutely love my job. Might interest you if you're already in the social/caring field.

Very interesting and sometimes even feels like I'm making a difference lol

Currently working with children with disabilities

Haven't worked since before i had jayden but i'm going back to college in september part time as i eventually want to be a diabetes nurse, a decent helpful one at that LOL

My choosen career was Dental nursing, I know many people think ewwwwwwww but I loved it and would go back tomorrow if I could. I also trained as a chilminder so I could work from home because Dec is still young. Both jobs I love but when Dec is in school full-time I think I will go back to Dental nursing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->