what's everyone careers?

I'm a paralegal. I love helping the honest clients! Have worked in construction law and currently working in a personal injury and criminal misdemeanor firm. I wish I could do family law. It seems I've always had someone close to me going through something that I helped out with and always enjoyed helping them. Stressful, but rewarding.

I really wish to be a SAHM once Baby Boy gets here!

Arrr everyone seems to have such lovely jobs. Im a sales assistant at a well known clothes store. I know its not everyones cup of tea but after doing A levels and apprentiships in other courses it helped me realise i needed to be around people. I love clothes but havent got enough creativity to design etc so its a good medium ground for me. Suppose aslong as your doing what you enjoy it doesnt matter. Id secretly like to do something intelligent like be a history teacher though.

Military spouse. There's no way I could have a career with us moving all the time, but I get to obtain interesting jobs at each unit. Maybe I should say Jill-Of-All-Trades, expert at some, pretty good at a lot more :winkwink:

I am currently a healthcare worker at the local hospital on one of the childrens wards. I only started last week (previously being on an adult ward). I am enjoying it so far, but time will tell.

In the future I would love to train to be a childrens nurse or a midwife. Whether this will happen who knows.

nursery nurse. i thought i was bored of it so had a career break last yr and did shop work and it made me realise how much i LOVE working with kids and how rewarding it really is!! its definitely the job for me! Xx

I'm a SAHM but also work 7 hours a week as an accounts assistant. I have computer science degree but never had chance to get a job in computing as LO arrived 8 months after i graduated. Ive lost interest in computers since then and kind of fell into accounting at our family firm. Once LO is settled in a nursery i will start working towards some accounting qualifications.

I don't have a career as such. Pre having children i worked for the Department for Work and Pension. Although i haven't worked for them for 5 years i have just been made redundant (yay!!) from them.

I am planning on retraining as a teaching assistant once my youngest is at school.

Not really a career just a job to me (although they assume everyone wants to make a career out of it lol), I'm a checkout assistant in a supermarket. It's boring and I don't enjoy it that much but going on mat leave at 29 weeks with no plans to return to the same job. Eventually I'm going to college to become a teaching assistant in a primary school that's my dream job I think.

I'm trained as a nursery nurse, went and got a BA Hons degree last year though fat lot of good it will do you unless you want to be a nursery manager!
Loved it beyond anything, but have also worked as a waitress and loved that too :) x

Currently a SAHM. Not worked since Sept '07 cause of looking after Josh's dad(he had depression) and then had Josh in 09. I have to go back to work by the time J is 4/5. I'm considering going back to the supermarket I worked at back in '03

I am a Registered Nurse on a Medical/Surgical Unit. I actually got my BS in Biology in 2004 and worked in a reasearch lab then in 2007 made the decision to go back to school for nursing..Best decision EVER I have been an RN for 2 years and everyday is exciting and new but challenging. plus only have to work 3 days a week b/c of 12 h shifts.....its not for everyone but nursing is very rewarding and so many differant paths to take ...

@hellbunny.

How do you become a diabetic nurse? That's one of my aims to be a child diabetic nurse. I'm Type One myself and was 19 when diagnosed. So want to help young ones with dealing with it all.

I don't have any enjoyment in my career or anything. If only I had the money for a deposit for our own house large enough for two children and family life and also room to become a Childminder!

@babycrazy1706 I love it but I'm just bored now. It's to much paperwork and objects to meet. Yeah part of the childs growing up etc blah but it's not the same as it use to be when I started out doing it and just need a change.

I was an admin clerk/receptionist for the NHS I worked in Oncology for years and then worked in orthopaedics. However much I do enjoy the job to a certain degree I soon got very bored!
Currently staying at home to raise Jacob but he'll be in school before I know it so i'm planning on a new career path :). I love animals, always seem to have a bond with every one of them I meet so I think i'm going to volunteer at any animal shelter/kennels/cattary/surgerys to get my experiance looking good on my CV and going back to college to gain A Levels in a couple of sciences. Then I'd like to train in veterinary nursing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->