Whats wrong with living on a council estate?

i live on what was a council estate but house are all bought now but council estate right over the way we never get any trouble at all, yet my friend who lives in a known posher area, has had graffiti, car broke into 2 times within 6 months, bike stolen and tyres slashed it means nothing to me, there are dodgy people in all areas some just lower the tone of that area

Lou
xxx

i used to live in a council house when i lived in england. i was only 0-6 years but dont remember anything bad happening excpet for once when they broke into our house.

i was brought up on a council estate, apart from me all my family live in council houses and TBH their houses and estates are alot better than mine!

mil told me not to put something on alex one time because she didnt want him looking like a council house kid ....... i was like :gun: WTF ????

I was bought up on a council estate, it was quiet and pleasant.
The town i live now has a huge council estate which is rife with problems drugs, burnt out cars etc.
I live in a council house now but its on a private estate, and its so quiet.
Theres no need for the attitude that woman had, not all council estates are bad x

I live on a council estate and have done since I was 12. I have trouble with one of my neighbours, but thats not because I live on a council estate, it's because she's a drug addict. I hate it when people are like this, most people from our small town go "Oh you live on BOULTER CRESCENT?" with a bad smell under their nose and it annoys me! My flat is nice and clean, Halen is well looked after and we have food on the table like anyone else so why is there such a bad attitude? :shrug:

i think it depends which council est u live in, about 2yrs ago i lived on a council est for a year and it was bad, people taking drugs every where, u wouldnt feel safe walking down the road, i hated it and the only reason i lived there cause thats where my oh lived at the time, we have bough are own house now in a lovely area now,

I'm not saying all of them are like that but the one i lived in was bad, the police were alway round and the people next door to us got raided for drugs

i live on one always have and i dont care wot anyone says u get knobeds on private estates aswell :shrug:

In my town there are a few council estates, one is notoriously bad, its mainly flats and I think because of that it is filled with drug users, drunks and un employed 'scum bags' (as oppose to genuine work seekers!) - so that particular area is pretty grotty, no one cares if its a mess or the public areas are horrible, there have been over doses deaths and all sorts of crime. I feel sorry for any single mums who ask for a council home, cos they are likely to get one in that area which is not very nice at all.

The other big council area is a really long road with semi detached and terraced houses, so mainly families I think - and that seems fine.

So in my town it is different on each estate.

I was brought up in the country, we do live in the town now, and although its detached I do still find it odd having neighbours - but I think its pretty narrow minded of people to judge everyone for the place they live - I know some very wealthy families who live in the country and their kids get up to allsorts just like others!

I can't stand people with that kind of attitude.

I used to live in a really "posh" area, where the people thought they were something special. On the estate I lived on there were about 100 people, and there was always trouble. Neighbours kicking off at each other, and the children etc.

Now I live in the middle of a council estate, (I live on the only private road in the whole estate), around 700 people, and it's lovely. There is less trouble here, the community spirit is so much better, & the people are so much more friendly.
Nothing wrong with a council estate at all! :thumbup: xx

People who 'have' it don't feel the need to comment on other people's lives. Just shows that money doesn't buy class! There is nothing wrong with living on a coucil estate. The woman must have been a complete dumbass.

I grew up on a massive council estate and now we live in a diff area. But the people dont seem to be as neighbourly! I loved it 'cos everyone would know everyone and now we only know the one neighbour either side and most of the time its just a passing hello!

:(

Nothing wrong with it at all hun xx

I live on a council estate but not in a council house iykwim?? Makes us stick out and we have been made to feel less than welcome.... maybe you have to act a certain way or do certain things to be accepted and i just think we dont 'fit'... kinda glad really, i'm all for keeping ourselves to ourselves...

I think people on my estate think they have to act a certain way to live BECAUSE they live on the estate... think it gives them some sort of credablilty that it just doesn't????

i live in a high rise council block and i fking hate it. the lift is always covered in either wee, poo, spit, puke or beer (kids spit all over the buttons so you have to touch it). the windows in the lobby at the bottom are smashed at least once a week. the stairwells stink of wee and the lifts are constantly breaking (i had to stay in my flat with the kids for almost 2 months coz im on the 12th floor and the lift broke) all i can smell if i have the window open is weed and there was once a tramp living in my hallway. ppl smoke in the lift while im in there with the babies and they let their dogs run around without a lead (one of them hurt faith once). theres always grafitti everywhere and rubbish all over the place. id say there are prob about 5 decent families thjt live here and thats out of almost 80 flats. there are only 2 ppl that ive seen that work and the ones who dnt are always drunk. there is a woman who lives here who has 2 boys and whenever i see her shes shouting at the youngest one (about 4 or 5 yrs old) calling him a little c**t. im sure that other places are better but tbh once we've saved to move i will never live in a council place again.

Having never lived on a council estate, I have to say that you don't often hear about the good ones.. you only hear about the really bad ones. How often on the tv do you see them showing a good council estate and how good it is to live there? I think this changes people's views a lot and makes them a lot more negative about them.

Having grew up on a council estate there is no way in hell i would move back. Even if you payed me. There was drugys and smackheads living next door, cars getting stolen and burnt out, 5 year olds playing out at 11 at night. No thanks.

Where im living now is not posh by any means but its a different world from the other side of town where i grew up.

I live on a council estate too and I love my area- sure there is trouble but isn't there everywhere nowadays? I think the community spirit where I live is great and I feel very safe living here just me and the kids. x

I didnt know your area was council! lol x

i live on a council estate and always have ........ there is something the stuck up cow could learn from us common sense and knowing when is a good time to open your mouth and when is a bad time xx

I guess I am from what you could call a 'posher' area! All I have ever know of council estates is what you hear and what is on TV. I have been very lucky and have always lived in 4/5 bed detached houses! Its just a different world to me! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->