Whats your age gap and why?

Babybug

Reaction score
Lots of ladies on here seem to have babies under one.

My Dd was 4 in December and this one is due mid august so gap will be 4yrs 8months which is bigger than I had planned. Initially before she was born I had wanted to have another immediately after but in reality didnt start feeling 'ready' till she was about 2 1/2, but put it off for work reasons!
I think the big age gap will make days out and things difficult in the future as they will be into such different things.
On the plus side she is so excited to be a big sister and will be able to do things with her a younger sibling wont.

My son will be 5 1/2 and my daughter will be 19 months. We had a bigger age gap between them just because we wasn't ready. We wanted a bigger house and when DH went back to work after paternity he got made redundant (but I did suffer a mc 4months before I fell pregnant with DD)

This time it was a suprise baby. If I had planned it DD would of been about 18-2yrs before we started ttc just so I could of given her mummy time while DS was at school but we will cope xx

Also the age gap between DD and DS can be hard at times because he is into 'big boy' things like Lego ect and because she is still young he has to keep it all upstairs in his bedroom. And little things like when it snows he wants to be outside all day making a snow man an just playing in the snow but Isabel can't so I have to try and be in 2 places at once!xx

Mine will be 21 months apart just because I wanted them to grow up together. I would've tried to get pregnant sooner but my period didn't come back until ds was 8 months and then we had to look forward to his birthday so just decided to wait until he turned 1.

All going to plan we will have nearly 2 years gap. I like that they will be close enough to be good buddies, but I certainly didn't feel ready to think about ttc before dd turned 1!!!

Mine will be 4 & half years apart. I always wanted a big age gap as I never wanted to get the baby stage out of the way. I want time with each child seperately. My first has been hard going and I don't know if I could of coped with a smaller age gap.

Our age gap will be 2 years 4 months ish. The reason for this is this baby was a massive surprise!! Due to work/financial reasons we weren't going to have another until dd went to school :/

DD will be at least 2 years 6 months once this LO comes along. I'm happy with that age gap as I've had loads of time with DD and were in the middle if buying our 1st house right now. If it's been any sooner we couldn't have afforded to buy.

Between 2 and 3 I'd like to start TTC when #2 is 1. We don't fall first month (both times took around 7 months) but I have to return to work to be eligible for mat pay and don't want to leave baby 2 too early. Plus 18months+ is a nice age for them and DD will be 5 ish

:flow:

Mine will be 4 & half years apart. I always wanted a big age gap as I never wanted to get the baby stage out of the way. I want time with each child seperately. My first has been hard going and I don't know if I could of coped with a smaller age gap.
Ditto. My dd will be just under 4 if all goes to plan with this pregnancy. I just couldn't have done a gap less than 3yrs, I'd have had a breakdown! Im happy i will get quality time with them both as babies. Plus no double nursery fees as one will go to school as one goes to nursery. Also I've been able to make some big steps up in work in the time too which helps financially and in the long term.

DS will be 3.5 years old when this LO is born. In an ideal world, I would have liked a smaller age gap but we also wanted to get married and buy a nice, big house so we have had to put ttc on hold to do these things. Now, we will have plenty of space when LO arrives and DS is really independent (potty trained etc) so it should be slightly easier!

X

We will have a 2 year 8 month age gap, which is perfect for us. It's the perfect age gap. We've had 2 years to enjoy all the learning and growing of our daughter, now we want to expand our family and let her grow up with a sibling. She's old enough to understand and help.

Our age gap should be about 3 years for my older boy and 16m for my younger boy. And there's 20/21 months between those two :flower:

If you'd have told me when we were TTC #1 (and struggling) that I could potentially have 3 in 3 years, all in my mid-late 30's I would have laughed and thought you were mad!

There will be 25 months between them. It took 18 months to conceive DD so i expected it to take a while this time too but we were lucky enough to fall pregnant first month trying. We wanted between a 2-3 yr gap ideally so its worked out well x

23 months and I have always wanted a two to three year age gap but didnt expect to fall pregnant on out very first ntnp so its been a bit of a shock to say the least! X

I wanted a just under 2 -2.5 gap but we were having financial issues and we were going to wait to have a 4 years gap as I've read a lot about it and didn't fancy the 3 year gap plus I should have been waiting for some medical tests but we had a one off not being careful and here I am. Xx

we wanted a very close age gap started trying pretty much straight away when dd was 3 months ! but we didnt intend too go through the journey we did but nearly 2 years after my daughter was born lost a few early angels too precious for this world and 3 ivf cycles we have a miracle on board !
our age gap will be 2year 9 month ! which still isnt too big !!!! but bigger than i hoped for!

every woman has different reasons for there age gaps some want small end up with big gaps due to issues some never want any more but get pregnant by accident very close to there last baby etc xxx

Our age gao will be 2.5 years. This was what we always planned (we're very lucky it worked out that way). I think it's been lovely to have this time with just my son as he develops into a little person. I also think he's still young enough at 2.5 to adjust to having a new little sibling.

For the next one we want a smaller age gap (around 1.5 years), but I don't think this will be possible with work. So it might end up being 2 or 2.5 years.

x

My DS1 will be 4 years 8 months and my DS2 will be 2 years 4 months, so I've got exactly the same age gap as I did last time. It helps as I know what's coming, though now with one extra it's going to be tougher I'm sure x

Baby due in august and my daughter will be 9 in September. Wanted one sooner and been trying years. Finally expecting after first ivf x

The age gap will be 9 and 11 years :) my first 2 are 19 months apart which was tough when they were young but good for them (in terms of having a playmate etc.). Now they are older we wanted to start again. Depending on how we do we might try to have another try for another in a couple of years but I am old so we will have to see how it goes...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->