Whats your age gap and why?

Their will be 5 years 9 months between dd and baby... I wanted 2/3 year gap.. But things don't work out like that, which I don't mind as my dd is very excited and can be more involved x

I always wanted 2 close together because me and my sister were 5 years apart and we never really got on. Also I just think it'll be nice for my son to have a playmate.

If we have a third we will wait till the first 2 are at school for childcare reasons.

Our age gap will be 12 months, the reason being is that ds took 2years ttc so we thought if this one took 2 years then so be it, but we got caught 1st months ntnp, I was shocked and extremely excited for this suprprise baby. It will be hard but sooo worth it xxxx

Haven't got exact dates yet but I'm estimating I'm due at end of August meaning there will be 20months between DS2 and baby. Absolutely no reasoning for it since this is a surprise bundle of joy. DS1 will be 4 and a half when baby is born xx

My dd will be 4yrs 3 months on pip's due date. We were hoping for a smaller age gap but didn't want to start ttc before our wedding. We started ttc once we were married but it took us over a year to conceive. I am the same in thinking it may create some distance between them in some ways but also I think dd will love being the proud big sister and helping where she can xx

My son will be 4 years 10 months on baby's due date. I only felt able to think about having another in the last 6 months. Ideally gap would have been under 4 years but I wasn't very organised getting implant out!! Plus the cost of nursery when I go back to work would have been ridiculous however son starts school in August so don't have to pay childcare twice! I think age gap won't work at first but fingers crossed gets better one 2nd child is talking and able to do more!

Mine will be exactly 2 yrs apart - DD bday is July 4 and this one's supposed to be beginning of Aug.

We wanted 2 close together but my period only returned once I weaned DD at 16 months (another reason I weaned her off then as we started trying when she turned 12 months). We are happy as they will be close and play well together even though I hear first 2 yrs will be hard :)

My kiddos will be 18 months apart...Hannah will be a year and 6 months old (as she just turned 10 months TODAY! :) <3), and new baby is due in August. I'm 35, so I'm of "advanced maternal age"...so the biological clock was ticking, you know? We were actually going to begin TTC in January (this month), and then we found out that we were pregnant already. Seems like a recent c-section and pregnancy just gave our fertility that little boost we needed to do this all over again!

My kids are 6 4 and 2 years apart, I like even numbers? lol... The first is my partners so not my doing, he turned 6 4 months before my son was born... my partner and I have a rocky relationship so waited awhile before deciding we wanted more then took 2 years to conceive. My son turned 4 the day before my daughter was born. I am under contract to go back to work at least one year after mat leave so just made it by 4 months as Daughter will be two and 4 months when this one arrives... I'm a little worried its too soon, I actually quite like the gap between my two kids as they work well together but I really think anything works out. We were not trying for this one but I wasn't preventing so surprise for my partner who obviously thought his system was foolproof and not a surprise to me who clearly has more sex ed :) I am very happy and can't wait. Another coincidence our kids names have 4 letters 6 letters and 8 letters... make this one lucky 10? lol poor kid

Our twins are almost 7 months. I really wanted them 12 months or less apart but the doctor wanted 21, so I compromised at 15. ;)

I had my DS in nursing school and had to take a break. I just graduated in December and it just felt right of my DH and I. Been praying about it and it happened. I kinda worry about potty training with my don because he will be a little older that 2 half and I hear they regress.

I'm popping in from 2nd tri but just had to answer this, as kind of a "DO BE CAREFUL" post! haha... The age gap between my first 2 is 17 months. The age gap between this baby and my second baby is going to be 11 months.

With my first pregnancy, we TTC for 18 months. With my second, we NTNP and then the month we got pregnant, we had sex at the end of my AF without protection, approx 10 days before ovulation, and used a condom 2 days after ovulation with NO issues. I am STILL stumped as to how the heck we managed to conceive there. With my third (current), I was on birth control but got lazy about taking it every day. I didn't think it would be a big deal because I had a newborn at the time and figured there was no way I could get pregnant. I thought wrong.

I didn't necessarily want my kids so close together, and I'll definitely be more careful next time since I know what my body is capable of, but I'm so blessed. :)

between my 1st and second there is 3 and a half yrs, we were ttc from when my 1st was 1, had 2 losses and took a while to concieve, would have had a closer age gap otherwise. I do love this gap though, my daughter loves her little brother and plays with him really well. Im 12 weeks pregnant now, so there will be 14months between my 2nd and 3rd. planned because this is our last baby, and wanted to kind of just get on with it incase it took so long like last time.

Mine will be 19 months apart. My DD was planned and wasn't planning on a second until I graduated college. But things happen for a reason I'm excited and sometimes want to prolong the pregnancy lol. I'm just happy my DD will have a permanent playmate.

With emily and nathan i actually wanted a smaller age gap but OH kept telling me no. There is 18 months between my first two and there will be 17/18 months between nathan and this baby coming, a very good age i think! I always wanted a small age gap between my children xx

When this lo comes my DS will almost be 8 years old!!!! He was from my 1st marriage, married at 18 - baby at 21 - divorce at 22. So I wanted to make sure I was secure in a healthy relationship, good job etc before I even thought about another baby. That took longer than expected and ttc took 13 months alone. I do plan on having another but I want a 2 year gap tops.

Since I have to do donor egg IVF to have children, and since I've been waiting SO long to have my large family of 4-5, I would like to go back and do another IVF 7 months after our first arrives this August. All of my gf's say I'm nuts and just wait to see what a handful I'll have with one. I'm pretty adament though, this is my plan. I'd love to have a young family, have the kids grow close together in age and since I don't have to ttc the usual way throwing my chips down every month waiting for the wheel to land on my colour:haha: I have more control over it. There's a tiny benefit to have to do it the way we're forced to do. I just hope I'm lucky enough to get twins next time. Children are the sparkle of life.

I have a HUGE age gap with my two sons. One is 13 and the other is 2. I wasn't ready to have any kids after my 13 year old. He has autism and I just didn't think I could physically nor mentally handle a baby because my son with autism is about four handfulls (or at least he was, he is much better now behavior wise I guess cause he is getting older). My 2 year old was a surprise. With all of the talk of how hard it is to get pregnant after a certain age, I just didn't think I was going to get pregnant especially since I wasn't having cycles regularly. I would go 6 months with no AF and then spot for an hour and then go another 6 months with no AF again. My OB had put me on medicine to get my cycles regulated but it didn't work so I went to a natural herbalist for help. I wanted my cycles to be regular not to get pregnant but I had read that it was not healthy and increased your chances of cancer if you didn't have regular cycles so I was seeking my AF for that reason, not for a baby. Anyway, after a month of taking a bottle of Yucca that the herbalist recommended, I got my cycle and a month after that I was also pregnant with my now 2 year old.

Well I guess I have the biggest gap between my last one and this one my first one DD is going to be 20 and my DS will be 16 there is 4 1/2 years between them. Why the gap.... different fathers, life, new relationship, trying for the last 3 years .....usual stuff :)

There will be a 4 year and 10 month age difference. We had always planned a 2-3 year age gap but God had other plans. :) I now see the beauty in a larger spacing and I think it will be great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->