What's your bad Christmas habit?

hayz_baby

Mummy to 3 boys!
Reaction score
Every year I but wrapping paper and sticker labels, past few years I've not used them all so I store them away (in the loft so I never see it!) for next year, and every year I buy new wrapping paper and new labels. It's a vicious cycle. Last year I hadloads left over, and I've still brought more than enough for this year! :haha:

Who else?

Exactly the same here and true for Christmas cards too! I always say im going to spend less but always spend more

I just moved a cupboard earlier to clean and there was four almost full rolls of paper behind there :blush: and I've already bought all my paper this year :dohh:
I have a bad habit for giving in to the last minute panic - even though I'll have bought everything on my list months before, I'll go mad in the last couple of weeks and really overspend. I tried to offset it a bit this year by starting later but I can already feel myself itching to buy more :wacko:

The paper thing. I was so sure I used it all up last year. So bought more this year. Oh just got the bags out from the garage and we found about 12 full/ almost full rolls of beautifull paper.

I wrap everything. Which is great until I get to the fiddley ones. Then I get annoyed.
I also leave all the wrapping till after my trees up. And then it's a mad dash to wrap everything.
I over plan, I plan to bake loads or do lots and it's always such a rush to cram everything In.

DCS do you put your presents under the tree before Christmas Day? I don't think there would be any presents left if we did that in our home :haha:

I give myself high expectations for the day, so high that as soon as something goes wrong (which there's always a hiccup) I end up in tears! In fairness the last 2 Christmases I've been pregnant!

Over planning to try and achieve the perfect Christmas. I want to bake this, make that and just put a lot of pressure on myself and then get upset when it isn't perfect.

DCS do you put your presents under the tree before Christmas Day? I don't think there would be any presents left if we did that in our home :haha:

I give myself high expectations for the day, so high that as soon as something goes wrong (which there's always a hiccup) I end up in tears! In fairness the last 2 Christmases I've been pregnant!

I've been pregnant the last two Christmases too I can't wait for a big glass of wine this year!

Me too, I really don't drink that much but I'm so excited to be able to have a glass of wine on Christmas this year!

I eat too much :haha:

I always put too much pressure on myself but this year I'm not stressing at all, usually I would be stressed now, but I made myself sick last year, not doing it again this year. All I have to do now is buy my food!!

I'm also guilty of buying too much wrapping paper. But one year I didn't and I didn't have enough so..Really I'm just being overly careful :haha:

Is eating everything classed as a bad habit? :rofl:

I over commit to things, there's so much I want to do and just not enough time to get it all done in!

I write christmas cards every year for family and friends, most of them are never delivered. I'm hopeless at Christmas cards. Then they go in the bin come spring clean and I do it all over again the next year because I can't remember if I wrote merry christmas '2014' in them ect. This year... I will tape them to presents.

I always say that I will only buy DS a few presents then before I know it I'm having to put some aside for his birthday because I've bought too much. I also buy more wrapping paper each year forgetting that we had loads left over form the year before. DS has different paper just for him and I never buy enough of it and then it really annoys me that he either has to then have a few presents in the same paper as everyone else or I spend ages trying to find it again and I have probably bought it from a pound shop that no longer has any (it's normally mickey christmas paper and it only seems to appear in pound shops lol)

Every year I say we are cutting down and tell the boys we are having a small one, I never do it :blush: This year I promised myself the boys were getting very little and they both a stash to be proud of :blush: One year I will break this habit and I will have a small one :haha::haha: (probably when the boys have left home :haha: )

😂 can you imagine if I did? They would have nothing to open Christmas day. No I bring them all down Xmas eve. They wouldn't last a minute under the tree otherwise.

We do have some wrapped up empty boxes under the tree though. DS likes wrapping so I let him go crazy with a roll of spare paper and empty boxes. Keeps him quiet and the bottom of the tree doesn't look too bare.

I am terrible at wrapping presents...

I drink far too much. Bad planning has meant that wont be a problem this year :haha:

We also always by to much food there norms 5 of us and we always cater for 20+ people. Then because ive paid for it i feel obliged to eat it

I write christmas cards every year for family and friends, most of them are never delivered. I'm hopeless at Christmas cards. Then they go in the bin come spring clean and I do it all over again the next year because I can't remember if I wrote merry christmas '2014' in them ect. This year... I will tape them to presents.

100% this! Cleared out the Christmas shelf to see what I had and found at least 4 cards which I forgot to send/give out.

Hi I'm Lucy and I'm a wrapping paper addict lol. I have atleast 32 rolls of it, YES 32! Ish. I love it. Can't get enough. Can't stop buying. The prettiness calls to me :haha: I also seems to be getting an addition to Christmas related wrapping things too, such as East of India ribbon etc. I just love pretty pressies!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->