When are you planning to start buying and what will you buy first?

Laura27

Reaction score
Just for fun really! I can't wait until my 12 week scan for many reasons but one is that I keep walking past baby stores and wishing I could go in and start spending!!

When will you start buying and what are you planning to get first? Are you saving a special baby fund? :coffee:

This baby doesn't really need anything, other than new moses basket and cot mattresses, and some newborn nappies. But I've already been buying :blush: :haha:. My first purchase, which I got before I got my BFP but when I was pretty sure I was pregnant, was this little jacket:
https://www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-baby-layette-rabbit-quilt-jacket-white-pink/p1493140
https://johnlewis.scene7.com/is/image/JohnLewis/001199304?$prod_lrg$

I can not wait to start buying things! Me and mum where nosey in at little baby grows yesterday( more like mum was looking and I kept getting shouted over to have a look) but I am so desperate to start poppiń into baby shops and not feeling like a weirdo! X

I can't wait to start shopping. My husband and I looked at Buy, Buy Baby over the weekend and started getting really excited for shopping. I think we will wait until we know the sex, though....so we still have a couple of months.

ive bought

5 pairs of trousers
1 hat
1 baby grow
2 tshirts
1 pair of pajama
1 dress and shirt set
2 coats
1 newborn bottle

ive got nearly everything from DS birth... just need a cot bed, heart monitor, nappies, steriliser and bouncy chair (also want to buy a new cover for moses basket as I didnt pick that last and its a garish yellow and green)

looking forward to decorating a nursery as I didnt get to with DS

DH and I bought a musical mobile the other day as a "safe" first buy :) it's so lovely, and gender neutral too.

Now that we have seen the heartbeat, we will start to buy more. This will be our first child, so we need to buy everything- cot, bassinet, pram, car seat... Everything! We have gone to some baby stores just to get ideas on prices (whenever I am in there I feel like an imposter... Like I don't belong haha). I'm not against buying good quality second hand things either :)

LittleLaLa --I agree! Good quality second hand things would be fine with me! Lots of people take such good care of their baby items....or don't even use them at all (toys, etc)

I agree with the second hand items I'm wanting a silver cross pram ( vintage lookin one) but new would be £1,200 so I will be on the hunt for a second hand one

I don't want to buy anything until I find out the gender at 20 weeks. I did the same with my daughter. I feel like I'm jinxing something if I buy anything before that lol

I've already started buying.

I bought a carrycot for the pram I want when pregnant with my angel as it was a steal on a local selling group. I then bought some crib bedding on boxing day in the sales and I have a couple of girls items bought as I'm 95% sure this baby is going to be a girl lol. Figured if its a boy the crib bedding and clothes can be used by my daughters for their dolls lol. x

My HB and i feel that the sooner we get started the better! Its easier finacially to buy stuff spread out over the 9 months, than to try and buy everything in the last 3-4 months, even if we were to save up for it. We are goina buy some of the bigger items with our tax return, even though ill just be entering the 2nd trimester, but we are goina wait to buy the things on our registry/ smaller items like clothes until after the baby shower/ gender reveal. We already have a highchair we got for a really good deal (it was the one i wanted from target thats like $140, but i got it barely used, almost new from a neighbor for $30), and we have a few cloth diapers...a cheap fold up stroller, some disposable diapers, and a few nicknacks

We aren't needing much and even less if it's another boy as I've saved all the clothes and same size/season will match too. Really just need a new stroller and some kind of crib or co-sleeper. Might try to get a 2nd hand swing and I might buy a wrap if I feel I need it.

If I have another boy I won't need to buy anything besides diapers, but if I find out that I'll be having a girl I won't be able to resist buying girly clothes, blankets, and other accessories right after I find out :)

So far I've only bought a gender neutral blanket. It's so cute and cozy. I want to snuggle in it lol

If something were to happen, I figure DD would love it (she's already tried claiming it!).

We're not planning to buy until we know what we're having. If we're having a girl, we're all set with clothes. DD was born about a week and a half before this one's EDD, so the clothes are the right seasons too. If we're having a boy, we pretty much just need boy clothes.

Regardless of gender we'll need: another convertible crib, diapers, and another car seat as one of ours will expire sometime this year. The crib we won't have to worry about for awhile as we probably won't put LO into their crib until about 6 months like we did with DD (though it can change in either direction).

There are plenty of toys. We still have all of the bouncers and other activity things.

We are super lucky because my SIL has a little boy & a little girl. We won't need to buy anything except nursery furniture, a car seat and nappies. She has everything else for us :) Once we have had the 12 week scan & everything is ok, we will find out exactly what she has though & what we need. Our baby will be born in Winter. Her little boy was too, but not her daughter. So we will also have to see what clothes we can use :flower:

I go in to baby shops but haven't bought anything since finding out. I bought a few things before we even started TTC - just a few little clothing items & a blanket :)

The second I know the sex... it's on like Donkey Kong. I don't plan on buying the furniture for as long as possible. My pets shed like mad. I don't want it collecting dust and hair/ unnecessary washing. But it is so hard!!! I find making baby registries soothing haha. And I'm only 4 week! x.x

I have one more payment on my credit card. After that, I was going to start diverting 1.5k a month to baby accounts. $500 for the college account, $500 to a spending account for the baby, and $500 banking for when I go on leave and only get differential pay. Hopefully, I can find a summer school to teach at over the summer to save some extra money. It's doable without, but every dollar counts.

I've bought clothes, bottles, manual pump, hangers, diapers, binkys, booties. If I see something on sale I buy it! With the clothes I have a baby shower for two girls and boy after I find out so whichever gender baby isn't I can use for those! We are waiting til we find out the gender to buy more. I'm going to buy the pack n play once we find out, then were saving for all the big items and going to buy them in one trip. After shower I will buy everything I still need/want!

Already bought tonnes. Don't believe in superstition and if, God forbid, something DID happen, we would still have another some day so the stuff will still get used.

We have got entire newborn wardrobe, entire 0-3 wardrobe, some 3-6 and 6-9, swing, bouncer, changing mat. OH wants to get the crib too but I'm not sure if that's maybe too large a purchase to make so early on due to storage etc.

I've been buying since we knew we were going to TTC. I don't think it's bad luck because even if something awful happened we would still TTC again in the near future and we need to spread the cost. I've got a ring sling, loads of clothes, and a wooden play gym from Ebay. Most of the clothes are from Ebay but buying early means I can keep an eye out for really nice stuff. Everyone says to wait til the gender scan but I'm not in to all blue or all pink for babies anyway and I'd probably dress the baby the same way regardless.

So far we've purchased a couple of bits and bobs - bibs, a set of three onesie's, muslin cloths, a hat glove and bootie set as well as a nappy bag (free if you bought a pack of nappies) and a thermometer.
I've been reading up on the other things we'd need. Luckily we can get a cot from a friend and my SIL has baby clothes she will give us (although they had a girl so depending on what we have some may not be suitable). Once we have those things I will see what else we need then start firstly looking at second hand items then buy new if we have to.
Currently saving up things like Nectar, Clubcard and Boots Advantage card points so I'm hoping we can buy a couple of large items such as a car seat and at least put some points towards a pushchair.
In the meantime I'm saving up my money as I'm sure we'll have a couple of shopping trips for non-essentials things and I want to be able to not worry too much about what we spend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->