When can you find out gender?

Haha Braven... that is the last of my OH's worries. My 2 year old already talks football :dohh:

Also, I did some research because I have a scan tomorrow. I found a study that said that at 13 weeks, 99% of women who were told a boy were correct and 96% that were told girl, were correct.

Haha Braven... that is the last of my OH's worries. My 2 year old already talks football :dohh:

Also, I did some research because I have a scan tomorrow. I found a study that said that at 13 weeks, 99% of women who were told a boy were correct and 96% that were told girl, were correct.

Ooh those are good odds...something I just read said genitalia are fully developed by week 14...maybe they're just harder to see cuz they're smaller?

My friend found out with 2 of her pregnancies at 13 weeks. She went for a private scan thou. I shall be doing the same, as im the most impaitent person going!! Im also really really hoping for a girl!! Althou i shall probably be having a boy, don't think OH has any girly sperm lol xx

Ah ladies don't find out! After the long 9 months of pregnancy and all that hard work at the end you want that element of surprise! Honestly it was lovely finding out on the day with my first and phoning round all my friends and family waiting patiently at home to see if it was a boy or a girl!

And you will miss out on the whole white stuff thing!

I say don't find out!

PS: I knew a girl who was told boy, painted the nursery blue, bought all blue stuff and she had a girl lol!

Ah ladies don't find out! After the long 9 months of pregnancy and all that hard work at the end you want that element of surprise! Honestly it was lovely finding out on the day with my first and phoning round all my friends and family waiting patiently at home to see if it was a boy or a girl!

I say don't find out!

PS: I knew a girl who was told boy, painted the nursery blue, bought all blue stuff and she had a girl lol!

Haha you're funny! PLEASE. I am anxious to know at only 2 1/2 months...you think I can wait a whole 9?! Nope, not gonna happen! Besides, I don't plan on painting the nursery pink OR blue...but some nice neutral earth tones because thats what I like anyways...and I won't do anything until I see a definitive penis or vagina! :haha: I have no patience BeeBee...I can't wait. :nope:

I think it depends a lot on the sophistication of the equiptment and the skill of the sonographer (as well as the cooperation of the baby). I know a lot of places have an official policy that they won't tell you before 18 or 20 weeks. I think they are trying to minimize upsetness by giving a number they can definitely meet for everyone, and I understand that. But often it is possible to tell for sure much earlier than that.

For example, I had my 12-week ultrasound and nuchal this week with a perinatologist. She had more high-tech equiptment than where I usually go, and she did the scan personally. She said if I'd been there a week later (13 weeks) she would have been able to tell me the baby's sex for certain.

I'm going for a 4d ultrasound around 15 weeks. Hoping I find out then!! I'm the same girl, I'm already dying to know!!

I had a 2d ultrasound with my daughter in 2002 at 14.5 weeks and they accurately told us the sex.

i found out at 14 wks with Haley and my SIL found out at 13 wks with both her boys...so maybe...couldn't hurt to ask though!

They can give you an idea of what they think...However with that said I was told by 2 techs that it looked like a boy at 2 different ultrasounds I was told on my last 2 ultrasounds including a 3d at 13 weeks and 13+1 that they couldn't see boy parts presents but they couldn't really call it a girl either..I go back the 1st of feb hopefully will get another scan and then back in 4 weeks for another 3d scan..so hopeful to know in the next month...

I paid for a private sca at 16 weeks & found out the sex

Most places wont tell you until 16 weeks some places (private scan places) until at least 20. I know from about 13 weeks it is possible to tell but it is not as a accurate answer

I say don't find out!

Haha you're funny! PLEASE. I am anxious to know at only 2 1/2 months...you think I can wait a whole 9?! Nope, not gonna happen! Besides, I don't plan on painting the nursery pink OR blue...but some nice neutral earth tones because thats what I like anyways...and I won't do anything until I see a definitive penis or vagina! :haha: I have no patience BeeBee...I can't wait. :nope:

OK I will let you off on this occasion but only if you tell me what you are having as soon as you find out! xx

I say don't find out!

OK I will let you off on this occasion but only if you tell me what you are having as soon as you find out! xx

lol are you kidding? I will be screaming it from the rooftops lol I don't care one way or the other...just excited to know either way :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->