When can you heart heartbeat on doppler?

hope you find it soon, it is still early though! think the sonaline is supposed to be 10 weeks and onwards
im still waiting for mine to be delivered but hopefully will be tomorrow!
:flower:

I am 5 weeks as of tomorrow and hubby now thinks I'm closer to 7. He is a retired GP and has his own stethyscopes at home. They're not the newer junk ones but the really good older heavier ones. I was playing with his today and thought I heard a heartbeat and I asked him to have a listen. He did and definitely said he could hear a fetal heartbeat. But now he thinks because of that I'm closer to 7 weeks. I have an ultrasound and consult scheduled for the 16th so we'll likely find out for sure how far along I am then. But with his really good stethyscope we could hear mini me's heartbeat faintly. Position appears to be about 2/3 up between hairline and belly button to the right. :)

I am 10 weeks 1 day and still can't find baby's heart beat, beginning to worry a little

Please don't worry. I couldn't find it with either of mine till 9+4/5 and this morning I couldn't find the heartbeat at all. Tried again tonight and found it.

Thanks ladies. I haven't tried since the last time I updated...I'm going to try and wait a little longer.

Update! I found the heartbeat this morning at 9w1d!! Soo relieved!

Ashley- Glad you found the heartbeat!

I was thinking about buying a doppler, I never used one with my first 2 boys. Could I ask which brand everyone recommends? Thanks!

I am 5 weeks as of tomorrow and hubby now thinks I'm closer to 7. He is a retired GP and has his own stethyscopes at home. They're not the newer junk ones but the really good older heavier ones. I was playing with his today and thought I heard a heartbeat and I asked him to have a listen. He did and definitely said he could hear a fetal heartbeat. But now he thinks because of that I'm closer to 7 weeks. I have an ultrasound and consult scheduled for the 16th so we'll likely find out for sure how far along I am then. But with his really good stethyscope we could hear mini me's heartbeat faintly. Position appears to be about 2/3 up between hairline and belly button to the right. :)

Was it very very fast, like a horse galloping? If not, you most likely heard your own heartbeat that early

Heard at 9+3 with DS and 9+2 with this one. Found just above pubic bone (close to csection scar) right by my pulse, took a while though and was faint at times. At 8 weeks baby very likely won't be higher than pubic bone so right around that area. I wouldn't worry, my doctor said she usually can't find on the average woman until around 11 weeks.

WinglessAngel, if you were able to hear it and that high up, you are definitely farther than 5 weeks (even 7 weeks is rare with a doppler). Baby is normally behind your pubic bone until at least 9 weeks, so wouldn't be anywhere near your belly button at 5 weeks. Either way, hope your US shows a happy healthy bub, whatever the gestation!

Any body found baby's heart beat being a size 14-16 I wondered if I were too fat hence y I can't find mine I am 11+4 , I do have a flabby tummy ! beginning to worry a little

Any body found baby's heart beat being a size 14-16 I wondered if I were too fat hence y I can't find mine I am 11+4 , I do have a flabby tummy ! beginning to worry a little

Same size here! I found baby's heartbeat at 10 weeks, but I also found that after this I couldn't get it everytime. It worried me at first, but I think they're still so small at that stage that they can hide well. I wouldn't worry hun! :) I found that baby was always right down by my hair line, and quite far over to the left. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->