When did you introduce a pillow and duvet?

Mrs Dot

Mummy to Harry
Reaction score
Not sure when to - I know we're a while off yet but just curious to know!
He currently sleeps with nothing in his cot and a sleeping bag

I did loads of research as lots of pillows say 12 months - basically the gist I got was not till they are in a cot bed. The boys like you are still in bags and nothing else xxx

Isobelle has a quilt now from about 18 months and still doesn't have a pillow

jack is just using a quilt just now x

Lucas is in his toddler bed but still in a sleeping bag with a little blanket over the top as he likes to hold the blanket in his hand near his mouth..this is the main reason we haven't given him a quilt yet and I am put off doing so for a while.

We got him a duvet and pillow when he was about 15 months old x

We got Noah a special plane bedset for Christmas and so introduced it then. He was pretty fine with it and we haven't had any problems.

Is there any benefit to a pillow?

I know I don't sleep well without one but if I had never had one, I'm sure I'd sleep just fine. I have been wondering myself if and when to introduce both but he's such a wiggle bum and moves all over his cot at night that I'm not sure there would be any use to it right now. He'd more than likely kick a duvet right off!

Adam is still in a sleeping bag, so no duvet, but he's had a pillow for a few months (since he was maybe 15 months old). We co-sleep most nights (he starts in his cot and comes in with us if he wants, usually around 5am) and we noticed he seemed to like the pillow (we tried to keep him away from it when he was very small). And then he started pulling a soft toy under his head during his daytime naps (when he is always alone in the cot). So I rolled up a cellular blanket and let him rest his head on it, and sometimes he had one of my old flat pillows. Eventually, last week, we bought a proper toddler pillow. He loves it, and sometimes now sleeps the whole night in the cot.

If he'd not shown a liking to lying on something, I wouldn't have bothered, but since he did I'd prefer he lie on a pillow than a toy.

J was using his teddy as a make shift pillow so we did it quite early on - just over 12 months whilst he was in his cot

Ruby is just in a sleeping bag. We bought her a pillow to try and elevate her head when she had a cough / cold but she refused to even lie on it and demanded that I took it away!!

when this winter set in, after we got back from florida last year, so 2 years 3 months? maybe.
before that in the summer she had sleeping bags till 18months, then in the summer of being 2, we switch to the coverlet for 12months plus as it was so warm. then when we got home from holiday, we got her a pillow and duvet. she loves it and just seems so cosy now :D

Ollie had a duvet and pillow from around 12 months old, our house cools down so quickly at night that is the only thing we found to keep him warm enough.

Jacob's just started sleeping with a pillow, we only introduced one because he had a really nasty cold the other week. He loves it though and I don't have the heart to take it away.

Chloe and Jaycee have had a duvet for a while now.. Past 8 months or so and they were still in their cots when they had theirs so if you feel ready to do it then do it. I wouldnt recommend it be done before 12 months though.

Ikea do proper childrens pillows and duvets

^^ We have a toddler pillow from Ikea for Flexi :)

He doesn't sleep well with a duvet though - I don't know what it is about them, but he wakes up crying every time we try. He's still in his sleeping bag for now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->