when did you let LO start trying food?

Traveling mom

Reaction score
My little guy is only 3 months so i know we still have some time but i have been wondering when everyone else plans on introducing food. Or if you have already when did you start?

Her pediatrician had us start after her 4 month appointment, and I agreed because she had the signs of being ready. She hated the rice cereal so I tossed that pretty quick, but loved the mashed peas (still her favorite veggie, actually) that I tried next. Around 6 months I started giving her things she could pick up and eat on her own. (Although she had that pincher grip down at 4 months!)

I started at exactly 5 months. Not everyday though, did that at 6 months

Six months, as per the guidelines which are there for a reason. :)

25 weeks/6 months. LO was born at 34 wks so definitely wanted to wait until 6 mnths and am glad we did.

I plan on asking the pediatrician at his 4 month check up. I do think i will skip right over the rice cereal as it is mostly empty calories. I have noticed he has a pretty noisy tummy just on breast milk so i would hate to start too early and cause tummy problems. However, some of that noise could be gas. He already has pretty good head control and really enjoys sitting up. so im sure he will be displaying the signs of being ready, i just want his tummy to be ready too.

5.5 months. She had six teeth and started to increase her milk feeds. She also started making cute chewing faces whenever she saw me eating. Her first food was mashed peaches with baby rice and we haven't looked back. She eats absolutely everything.

Offered a few days before she turned 6 months. She showed no interest and wasn't ready till closer to 8 months.

I start at 6 months. If they are content and filled by formula or breast milk I don't see any reason to start early.

Just over 5 months. I decided to follow the signs that my baby was ready rather than using "one size fits all" approach and waiting until exactly 6 months.

5 months. She was giving definite signs she was ready at 4 months, but everyone says wait until 6, so we compromised and waited until 5. She was still getting most of her nutrition from breastmilk but she LOVED the "real" food. She only got picky after 1 year old, and ate everything she could until then!

6 months for us. To be honest she wasn't really interested until 7 months though so we did it very casually at the beginning.

We started a couple days shy of 6 months. We did baby-led weaning, so always planned to start at 6 ish months. We were away on holiday for a weekend and had lots of picnics, so she tried some cucumber and watermelon sticks. Her first real meal was sunday lunch the following week. She had roasted carrot and parsnip sticks, mashed potato and yorkshire pudding. The carrot and parnsip was a big hit! It was soft enough to gum (she had no teeth yet) and sweet. It was only 1 meal a day for the first month, then by 7.5 months, we were doing 3 meals a day most (but not every) day.

Just over 5 months. I decided to follow the signs that my baby was ready rather than using "one size fits all" approach and waiting until exactly 6 months.

Yep at 5.5months LO was on my lap at meal time and started grabbing food from my plate to chew. She was able to sit with support (nearly without support), grab and put food in her mouth and manipulate it with her gums and tongue so that she could swallow it (or spit it out of she couldn't manage it). This I took to mean she was ready but I just offered it here and there when I was eating and let her show me when she wanted proper full meals.

A little after 4 months to help her constipation, with only one meal a day. She's now 6 months and only at two meals, using jarred food

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->