when did you start buying favours etc?

Pink Sarah

Reaction score
I'm getting married in June and want to start getting decorations favours etc but oh wont let me! He says its too soon and we'll have nowhere to put them??

If you've got somewhere to store them then it's never too early to start preparing. My biggest issue about buying early would be a) you won't have a 'confirmed' number of guests yet so you may over/under prepare, and b) there's still 7 months to go where you might change your mind about what decs/favours you want and could be tempted to go with something else leaving you with a load of unused stuff.

In terms of space, depending on what you're having as favours, you could keep the majority of them 'flat packed' and build them up closer to the date. Anything we buy for the wedding but won't be needing until the day we've put in a box under our bed. It's pretty empty at the moment. Lol

Thats true thank you, maybe i'll jst research items for now and look for the best prices!

We are doing scratch cards as our favours for our adults and im putting them in little cards! I've for the cards, I've had them for quite a while then in the new year ill just pick up 5 or so when I do the food shopping!
For the younger ones I still haven't decided what I'm doing yet but when I do I'll get it!

I get married in June too btw :)

I have a big plastic crate which was supposed to be a spare nappy store for downstairs but has ended up being the 'wedding box' because it matches our colour scheme, lol. I've got all the favours made up in there and bits like cake toppers and placename cards. The only thing to check is sell by date if your favours will be edible.

Lauren, how are you buying your scratchcards? Just a few at a time here and there? I keep imagining myself going into my local newsagent and saying "erm, yeah...50 scratchcards please!!" :lol: Going to look like a right addict :haha:

Back on topic though, in terms of getting things 'done', I plan to have the invites done (making them ourselves) as soon as possible so I don't stress about it closer the date. And place names too (obviously not the name part, but the rest of the design will be done). I'm collecting bunting too, for the decoration.

If you know what you want then there is no reason why you can't start now. If you're still in the 'I quite like that' stages then I'd just keep looking for ideas and taking notes of what you do/don't like etc. There's still time :)

Scratch cards are a good idea how exciting if someone wins!
I dont even know wats under our bed :-O so i will sort it out then oh cant complain if i get little bits hehe!
lauren25 which day in june?

Sorry lauren 15th june just seen your journal off to have a good read of it now :)

:rofl: no I am deffo not going and asking for them all at once because I need 100 :haha:
I'm just going to get a few at a time, I'm actually hoping that around valentines day they might have ones with a bit of a 'love' theme!!

Yes 15th June :) what about you ?

Scratch cards have expiry dates don't they? I think it's 6 months, but would hate for one of your guests to win and not claim it in time. I'm hoping that the rolls come in a roll of 50 or something so I can just buy a complete roll :lol: Doubt I'll be that lucky though. Haha

See I looked on a scratch card we had and it didn't have a date on it anywhere so I'm really not sure! Might be worth a shot though, or I wonder if you can buy roles of them online or from somewhere like Costco?!

Don't think you'll get them at Costco. Not National Lottery ones anyway. I think only licsensed outlets can sell National Lottery tickets/cards. I think the claim rules on scratch cards are the same as on tickets. Ie, must be claimed within 6 months of the draw/close of game. I think I'm just gonna annoy my local Tesco and ask them to count out 50 of them :haha:

Just looked it up on the website and it says you have to claim within 180 days of the game closing, which I guess is when the stop selling that type of scratchcard? But it says retailers will be able to tell you the exact date. I'd have to go for buying a whole roll, I'd worry I'd make scratches accidentally if I had loads of single ones around, haha

30th june i cant wait, its a sunday as my oh is a head chef at a hotel and his friends would be at work if it was a saturday but they dont serve hot food on a sun evening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->