When did you start buying stuff?

mummyconfused

Loss 9+2 TTC - DNA Sperm Fragmentation
Reaction score
I'm going crazy. I just want to buy baby stuff. I have my 12 week scan in 4 days. I may start buying little stuff then. When is everybody else?

When I find out the gender in 4 weeks or so than I'm going to go crazy buying everything!

when we started ttc!

My mom bought our biggest purchase which is the crib and she got that when I was 5 weeks. I like to bargin shop though so a lot of my stuff is stuff I found on sale or second hand in great condition. After 3 years of ttc.. you tend to stalk up on a lot of stuff!

First pregnancy - once gender was confirmed (thought I knew he was a boy). 2nd pregnancy, once it was confirmed at the dr, even started buying girly things even though the ultrasound was weeks away haha. I've already bought pacifiers for this baby and have TONS of stuff in my amazon shopping cart as well as babies r us and buy buy baby lol

I won't until the gender scan, and even then I probably won't get too much until I have a shower and figure out what I end up with and what I still need (would hate to end up with a million packs of newborn diapers and no other sizes or duplicates of things I couldn't return for some reason). I'm having to steer myself away from the baby sections in stores though because I want to buy everything!!

With my DD I was a constantly nervous I didn't want to buy anything till 3rd tri. I think I started shopping at 34 weeks or something. Our cotbed etc took 2 weeks minimum to be delivered and I was so scared I was going to go into labor before we had it lol...but she came at 41 weeks.

This time...I dunno. I'm excited and already looking at some stuff but I think again I won't buy anything till 3rd tri. Lots of people I know prepare things early but it's not really for me. Even though it's MUCH easier to shop and carry things home when you aren't heavily pregnant but I think that's when I feel comfortable doing it.

Last week... But I am very cautious (see ticker)! It's whenever you feel comfortable. As pp said, allow time to build furniture etc, I'm a bit concerned that I just started shopping and lots of things have a 6 - 8 week wait time! I'm planning on online shop once we know the colour of the bump. But as a seond baby we have a lot of stuff already, and also know what we don't need this time around. xx

I won't until the gender scan, and even then I probably won't get too much until I have a shower and figure out what I end up with and what I still need (would hate to end up with a million packs of newborn diapers and no other sizes or duplicates of things I couldn't return for some reason). I'm having to steer myself away from the baby sections in stores though because I want to buy everything!!

You can exchange diapers for a different size/brand. Most places will let you even if you don't have a receipt, just as long as they carry that brand and size.

I was buying things even before we were TTC! In fact been buying less since BFP x

I've already bought a pack of 3 vests from asda already with little sheep on, but that's it. I'm going to wait til we know the gender before buying anything else coz I have an attic full but it's all pink... So kinda hoping there isn't a lot to buy anyways! Or it'll be that we have to start from scratch. Good luck at your scan. I'm still waiting for my date! Hoping it's not until week 13 and OH will be away next week with work :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->