When did you start wearing maternity clothes with your 1st?!

I started finding some of my trouser waistbands getting a bit uncomfortable at around 12 weeks with my first so started wearing elastic waist maternity trousers then. I carried on wearing normal tops for a while though.

I'm just 10 weeks on my first and around 2 weeks ago really noticed how uncomfortable my normal clothes are. I've just been wearing dresses since then and find them much comfier. I am quite slender (size 6 or 8 and nearly 5ft 7) so any little gut is very noticeable so the floaty dresses are good for hiding too!

I'm sure it's been mentioned, but look into a beband; they're helpful for the first weeks if you don't want to jump right into maternity clothes!

That said, I was too bloated for my regular pants for weeks 4-8 so I used the beband, then 8-12 I fit into my regular pants just fine (probably because the nausea had me unable to eat too much). From 12 weeks or so I went back to the beband for a few weeks, then maternity pants by about 4 months.

Everyone is different, but I wanted to say don't be shy that you're jumping ahead, wear what is comfortable when it's comfortable :)

Just went and got a bunch of maternity clothing over the weekend and I must say it's SO much more comfortable! No more fighting with my pants and shirts. Hoping it will last me throughout the pregnancy. I did, however, keep some pre-preggy clothing in my closet and drawers such as flowy tops and of course sweatpants and t-shirts I can still wear :thumbup:

(I was comparing my belly from late evening after eating all day vs. morning before eating anything)

2015-02-09_08.40.46.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"