When do I test?

Angel022605

5K fun
Reaction score
Hello friends
How soon do I need to start testing for pregnancy?
A little backstory
I’m doing a HealthyWage challenge and I’m keeping calories between 1000-1100 and doing cardio 3-4 times per week 30 mins per day. NO DIET PILLS.
I talked to my OBGYN and he’s fine with me doing this and did tell me that 1100 won’t sustain a pregnancy and as soon I find out I just need to increase the calorie intake by 300 I’m fine to keep exercising.
Currently I only POAS for surges during ovulation. Temping is a lot of trouble for my sleep patterns. I track my period on Ovia. I never really know when I truly ovulate. My biggest question is........
When do I begin testing for pregnancy?
Please friends any comments welcome.

I think the safest bet would be 1 day after you're due on your period.
Obviously you want to know asap, but from experience I would say that early testing can drive a person insane and costs a bomb. There have been times when I started at 9dpo and tested 1-2 times a day (sometimes more) right up until I came on. Each time convincing myself that I could still be pregnant and it could just be too early, only to plunge in to darkness when it turned out I wasn't.
1 day late is enough to allow your period the chance to arrive but early enough to up your calorie intake. Either that, or would it work to in case your intake just slightly (100-150) for the last couple of days before your period, just to give you that little bit extra before testing, to sort of feel a little more secure? I don't know anything about the diet in question so please ignore me if that isn't an option.

Thanks so much for your input. Yes testing a lot does get costly and we’re on a tight budget as it is.
Please more advice greatly appreciated

I always do 1 day past but eating calories that low can stuff up your cycle in general. Coming from a nutritionist background you need to up those calories before you start having problems :-S

Thank you for your comments and replies. Please keep them coming. Even if you don’t have an answer or don’t know please don’t read and run. A simple “hi” or “hello” let’s me know your listening.

Even though its not classed as a diet your body thinks its on a diet and it will mess up your cycles. Too much exercise and dieting can actually hinder or delay ovulation there for making af late I'd say just eat healthy no calorie counting and not to much strenuous exercise. Also test on the day of expected AF or after :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->