When do you put presents under the tree?

Gifts I buy for family go under as I get them and wrap them, usually by mid Dec. There is also one gift for dd under the tree from me and she opens it on Christmas Eve. All her other gifts (that I buy) are from Santa, so they go out after she's asleep on Christmas Eve. Gifts from family are usually under my parents tree since we get together at their house on Christmas Day.

As soon as we receive them from family - DD1 knows they don't come from santa.

Christmas eve...

We never get any visitors over Christmas as we are always the ones driving all over the place.

We're only visiting my family this year so on the 23rd we go to my nans and see all the aunts and uncles. They open their presents there.

We also have a second Christmas day at my mum's after boxing day, so again they open all their gifts then.

At home we have a Christmas Eve box and all the girls gifts get put out once in bed.

I do love the idea of gifts around the tree but never quite worked out a way for it to work for us.

We sometimes wrap some empty boxes so it looks nice then it doesn't matter if the kids open them lol

Christmas Eve. Dd2 or the dogs would be into them if I did it any earlier 😀

Christmas Eve for us too when the girls are in bed fast asleep !

Gifts I buy for family go under the tree until we deliver them. They are under there now and Scarlett actually hasn't tried touching them, I told her who they are for and she just tells me 100 times a day haha.
My FIL normally brings gifts from that side of the family down on Christmas eve so they will go under the tree when kids are in bed.
Other than that, they open their gifts from MIL and my parents at their houses.

Christmas Eve when they are in bed, they think everything comes from Santa so it all goes out then. Ds3 is in to everything though so even if we wanted to put them out early he’d ruin them!

Pre-kids I used to put other people’s presents under the tree and loved it, the paper was always coordinated with our living room and looked so pretty. Now it’s total chaos

Christmas Eve! She would open them otherwise, I once took her to a friends house and she started unwrapping their presents :dohh:

Usually xmas eve when shes gone bed but this year ive put the gifts from friends under the tree already as ive ran out of stashing space under the bed so needs must! one friend has used frozen paper to wrap DD's presents and she keeps going over and asking me why theres princess paper under the tree.. i think shes hinting that she wants to know if its for her! :haha:

Hmmmm I hadn't even thought about it tbh :wacko: so normally I would put all the ones to/from friends & family under the tree but that was before but now the kids GET Santa etc I am not sure if it would confuse them as they think Santa brings them :shrug: although there are only stockings and a few presents from Santa (from the list)

I am not sure if they would touch them or not :shrug: hmmmmm something to think about...............

Presents from other people go under the tree as they arrive. Presents from us (to the children) go under on Xmas eve, as do presents from Santa. Presents to other people go under as and when they're wrapped.
I have wrapping paper coming out of my ears (I have a bit of an obsession :blush: ) and also can't get into my loft by myself, so I'm going to wrap the boxes the decorations and lights were stored in, and put them under the tree as decorations :) especially as they are all colour coordinated with my decor :haha: :haha:

We will be putting ours under the tree Christmas Eve before bed!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->