When i get positive result

napamermaid

Reaction score
Is it necessary for me to keep testing at multiple times a day to check line strengths?

I see it done on here as part of the norm but tests in ireland are so v expensive - is it really necessary?

No you don't have to check multiple times a day, most people stop testing once they get. A definite bfp. Bit of your wanting to check for progression, every 2-3 days is best x

When would you stop then?
I dont see hospital till 12 weeks do i test for 13 weeks?

I've had a few losses so testing daily for me stops me worrying, well it's supposed to lol! With my losses my tests never got really really dark so it's reassuring to me to see my tests progressing. Not everyone does test more than once. My friend has had 2 positive tests in her life & she has 2 daughters, she probably thinks i'm crazy lol x

I myself took a few tests as the cycle before I had a chemical, I probably took around 5 tests and stopped. I saw the midwife at 6 weeks and didn't test any more after that x

I have to say, even when I had a mc I still got positive for sometime after the mc had ended, once you know 100% your pregnant, theres no point wasting money on something you already know and trust me it dosent make the 12 week scan come around any quicker!!

I agree with the other ladies. In the past I tested a few good times until I saw the midwife around 7 weeks, after that I stopped.

It's all for your peace of mind. I had a chemical the cycle before BFP so I tested every other day on FRERs to make sure it's progressing. After the first two strong lines though I tested just for fun, just to see how dark I could get the lines. Also I had leftover FRERs from the set so I thought I'd use it up now before it expires :D So it's absolutely NOT necessary to keep testing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->