When is everyone finishing work?

jodieappmat

Reaction score
hi i just wondered at how many weeks you expectant mummys are finishing work ? and what work you do ? x

I am finishing at 32 weeks. I am a community carer so walked around a lot, a lot of bending and my groin was starting to hurt so glad I am finishing earlier. Plus with a 3 year old at home he is enough to keep me busy until baby arrives xx

i finished at 30 weeks. i worked as a car salesperson and was working 63 hours a week 7 days! was very glad i finished early as it was very demanding and stressful!!

oh! im not due to finish until 37 weeks! (34+4 now)
i only work in an office but can really say its taking its toll now, reason for my question was because i am considering bringing it forward

I'm finishing at just over 38 weeks, I work in an office, so I'm hoping I can last that long.. haha

I work in healthcare and I don't officially start mat leave until 38 weeks but I've saved up some annual leave to start at 36 weeks.

My last day at work is tomorrow :happydance: x

I work on reception (very quiet) and I'm leaving at 32 weeks :haha: I feel so rubbish when all of you other mummies are waiting weeks after me with more demanding jobs xxx

36 + 4 but I am using some holiday days to cut down to part time for a few weeks first.
Office work - contact centre team leader - so I walk around the office coaching / speaking to the staff etc. and visiting other departments so I don't really get to sit down all day unfortunatley.

I'm not finishing 'til I go into labour! I work from home managing the admin side of my OH's publishing company so I can take it all at my own pace, so it doesn't make sense to finish earlier.

I work in television and my mat leave only starts the day baby decides to be born. However, I'm leaving work on annual leave at 38 weeks.

I finished at 30 weeks but took some holiday first. I work in hospitality and work 50 hours a week running about on my feet for up to 12 hour shifts. I was knackered. But I was made to feel really bad for finishing so early. Everyone felt it was their duty to tell me that they worked right up to birth and that I should stay longer. But my OH saw how knackered I was and supported my decision. I don't regret it at all. Plus I don't like my job so it was a bonus getting to finish!!! ;)

I finished at the start of December, about 32wks, but I'm lucky in that I get 6 months full pay so I'm hoping to take 9 months and go back in September when my daughter starts school. No holiday to tag on unfortunately but my week annual holiday to Cornwall is in June so I don't need to take any until next year either!

I work in retail and do a lot of running about, bending down, fetching stock from up two flights of stairs etc. I only work part time but it is taking its toll on me already, especially on a Saturday when we are super busy and I spend my whole shift struggling up the stairs.
I'm finishing at 37+1, but I will be taking it easier as the weeks go on & spend more time on the shop floor rather than running about

xXx

Wow everyone differs so much!
i suppose its how you feel, in november they employed someone to cover my maternity leave so i now do absolutely nothing! i come in at 9 and leave at half 5, i think the boredom is making me worse and so uncomfortable sat at my desk! and tbh i feel useless !
definitly considering finishing friday 28th jan rather than 11th feb !

Going on leave at 39 weeks. I work in an office, a bit of a stressful job but I like it. Everyone thinks I'm mad (and I feel mad) but here in Belgium we only get 14-15 weeks leave total, and I would much rather spend that time with my baby!

I am a sister in the emergency department. I work 141/2 hour days but only have to do 3 a week! I am stopping at 32 weeks and taking 2 weeks annual leave then start mat leave at 34 weeks. I cant wait I am getting tired now!

Im 28 weeks and I finished yesterday.
Wasnt supposed to finish till 11th Feb (30 weeks) but Ive been quite ill so got signed off by the doctor, so I wont be returning to work till afterwards now :)
I'm a dinnerlady in a school aswell so had some quite manual work and was always on my feet lifting chairs and tables and whatnot.
Not a good job to do while pregnant!

Im a nursery nurse and im leaving at 34 weeks, cant wait to have a rest before running round after my little one instead of everyone elses :)

Last day on Friday (am on leave tomorrow so basically one more day to go kn, take cakes, tidy my desk and say ta ta). I work in an office. Will be 38 weeks this Sat and more than ready to finish now. The more I try and do the more braxtons I get :shrug:

I'm working until 38 weeks and I work in an office. If need be I'll just sit on my arse all day and only answer the phone. DD came at 39 weeks so hopefully this baby doesn't decide to come any earlier than that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->