when is the best time to start packing your hospital bag?

A

amy123xx

i know this sounds like a bit of a silly question, but when would people reccomend i start to pack my hospital bag.. and what to put in it? :shrug:
i havnt a clue, this is my first time baby and im worrying over everything! :dohh: im 28 + 4 weeks pregnant so hoping you can give me some answers :) thankyouuu :flower: xxxx

I still haven't packed mine and I've got 4 weeks left........ It's seems abit final at the thought of it.

Saying that tho I think I will do it this week.

If you are the sort of person who like to be prepared the start adding bits to your bag now. There is a sticky thread on the top of the forum.

We are moving when I will be approx 35 weeks so I think I will pack it just before we move... just in case!

Ps I'm the type of mum that does the Christmas pressie wrapping on Christmas eve, when kids have settled, for family and 3 kids lol

Final adrenalin rush lol

Mine is semi done. I read to have it ready by 36 weeks. x

Yeah, about 35-37 weeks is fine; my first baby was born at 37+6 and my second at 40 weeks exactly so I see no need to pack mine before then :)

As for what goes in it; literally just what you'd need to stay somewhere overnight - toiletries/deodorant/hairbrush/toothbrush and paste, spare change of clothes, socks, slippers, dressing gown, knickers, towel, nightclothes etc.

Then baby stuff for one or two nights - a couple of sleepsuits and vests/bodysuits, blanket (not essential though as hospitals have these, but I preferred to use my own), change of clothes for baby for going hom eif you wants, nappies, wipes/cotton wool, that kind of thing.

Then for labour and afterwards, maternity towels, breast pads, your own formula if you're not going to breastfeed, umm....any snacks/magazines you think you might need in labour, definitely your own drinks - I'm taking a couple of those big bottles of value water from the supermarket at 16p each, as although they'll be heavy, the hospital water jugs smelt mouldy both times I was in. Oh and disinfectant wipes/hand sanitiser as the bathrooms were less than spotless too.

Lol sorry for the essay! :)

ETA: cotton hats for baby too - you'll need a couple of those, as newborns lose most of their heat through their head.

I have started buying a few things in but havent started packing them yet. Although I have made a detail list of what will go in my bag and babies bag. Im hoping to have mine done by 33 weeks :)

I did mine at 37 weeks. There is a sticky at the top of the page about what to pack. X

I've brought all the pieces for my hospital bag, but havent had a chance to pack it.

I'll probably pack it round the 36th / 37th week, although MIL said if she does come before then, just grab your list and start packing straight away lol

My hubbys been nagging at me for weeks to get it packed...he's such a worry wart!! We've started to buy and put together some of the things that will go in it (maternity pads, nipple pads, nursing bras, knighty for labour, travel sized shampoo/conditioner/shower gel etc) but we've agreed to actually get the bag packed after our first antenatal class this Saturday.... My friend's baby came 3 weeks early and she was packing hers through the contractions...I dont much fancy that! lol xx

i started mine at 36-37 weeks but just got done with it

i packed a couple compfy t-shirts , shorts... pj pants
a few pairs of underwear and socks
TUCKS, maxi pads a whole package of them!
sweat pants to go home in or i brought a pair of shorts, dont plan on looking good lol

gonna bring my laptop charger, phone stuff, camera, video cam, .....

then his diaper/going home bag
i packed 1 onies 1 sleeper. going home outfit cap mittens
2 rec. blankets diapers wipes creams lotions poweder 1 pair socks 1 bootie set

and yeah ... im prolly forgetting stuff lol

I guess I need to get one together!

First baby I think I had it packed at about 34 weeks...and I used about 5% that I packed!

At this point it will be toilitries, couple of onsies for Emma, something to wear home for me and Emma and thats about it. You are really there such a short time you don't need much!

I made a list of things that I needed when I was about 28 weeks and just gradually added bits to it as I needed to. It wasn't until last night (at 36+6) that I actually thought I'd better pack it and realised that I actually had everything in it I needed!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->