When is the soonest I can test?

Discussion in 'Trying To Conceive' started by PrayerfulHope, Apr 7, 2009.

1. PrayerfulHope

PrayerfulHope Mom of 2

OKKKKKKKKKK so last night I was feeling disgruntled about having back pain, surely a sign that AF would arrive this morning.. but no sign of her. Still have a little soreness in my lower back, maybe I hurt it somehow... anyway...

I ov on Sunday, 29 March...

How soon is too soon to test? I was planning on waiting until Saturday or Sunday (the 11/12 April) but don't know how much longer I can wait. I stopped myself from poas this morning when I got up to go to the restroom.. And I had dreams :sleep: all night of seeing that second line :)BFP:) I'm getting impatient...

(BTW it's already the 7th of April here in Japan... so for those in USA I ovulated on 28 March according to your calendars..)

2. Kelly9

Kelly9 Well-Known Member

I would say you could test as early as now but it depends on how long your luteal phase is. I Ov on the 28th as well and could test if I wanted because my luteal phase in only 13 days so I am within 3 days of AF and the first response pregnancy tests can detect as early as 5 days. SO technically you could but some women don't get BFP till after they are late so if you can I would wait until at least the day your period should come. Good luck!

3. TigerLady

TigerLady CaveTiger Clan Mama

About 9dpo is the earliest I have ever seen :bfp:s and those are very very rare. You won't produce hcg in detectable quantities until at least 2-3 days after implantation. Implantation can be as late as 12 dpo. It is good to wait until 13-14dpo and best to wait until 18dpo. Otherwise you risk a false bfn.

I had a false bfn at 13dpo and got my bfp at 18dpo.

4. Babynumber1

Babynumber1 Mum of 1 & Pregnant

HI there i just wanted to say that iv had two dreams this week of two lines!!God i hope its my lucky month .x

5. caz81

caz81 Well-Known Member

good luck! fx you get your :bfp: xx

6. catkin1508

catkin1508 Well-Known Member

good luck hope you get your BFP

7. catkin1508

catkin1508 Well-Known Member

:bfn: only 7 dpo