When is/was Your Anatomy Scan?

I'm considered high risk due to last pregnancy issues (blood pressure mainly), thyroid, and being on a Cat D medication.

Not sure about Sinclair but I figured I'd answer lol.

Sinclair that's a crazy amount of scans! What are you considered high risk for? They're just checking growth every time?

Is it? It's the same amount of scans I had with my son so that's honestly all I've ever known. We've had genetic testing and everything that was offered along with it.

Second trimester loss, husband has WPW along with other heart related conditions in the family, and I'm on an anti-depressant this time around.

They're checking her weight in the third trimester as my son was 9lbs and I'm about 5'1 and tiny, they said something about inducing a week earlier if she is looking like she's going to be big as well, or C-Section. The weight scans (literally what i was told from talking to nurse after I did the blood work for the genetics) are just to check her weight as far as I know of buuuut I think they'd take a look to see how she is growth wise.

All I know is here we have 1 scan at 7-14 weeks for dating which I declined, and then one at 20 weeks for anatomy and gender. So 1-2 is ordinary here, and a third close to birth if they think baby is big/small/breech.

I had 3 with my first, 2 with my 2nd and just one this time around unless something comes up in third tri.

Ohh! Yeah, I have no idea at all, all I ever knew was what I had and a other friend was also high risk had a lot of scans as well, my sister never mentioned to me how many she had when she had her two.

Interesting though!

I'm in the UK and standard is dating scan between 11 and 13 week I think, then 20 week/anatomy scan.
My first pregnancy my daughter had a white bit in her liver that was found at 20 weeks, so we had about 4 or 5 extra scans to keep an eye on that. This time I'm on the multiple scan pathway I think they called it, due to my raised bmi. They I have a growth scan booked for 30 weeks, then I think it's 33, 36 & 39 weeks.

Ohh! Yeah, I have no idea at all, all I ever knew was what I had and a other friend was also high risk had a lot of scans as well, my sister never mentioned to me how many she had when she had her two.

Interesting though!

Even if your not high risk American doctors do a lot of ultrasounds. I had one at 7 weeks to confirm pregnancy, then the Down’s syndrome scan at like 11.5 and I have another chromosomal scab thing at 16 but it’s supposed to be at 18 they said. After that I don’t know but I remember getting a bunch more my other pregnancies

All my others I was about 18.5 weeks this one I'll be 19+5, gutted I have to wait so long but hoping they will be able to see more and more clearly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->