When LH surge has been detected, stop using OPKs?

crossroads

Co-creator of a boy &girl
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I read that once you have a positive OPK you can stop using OPK tests for the rest of your cycle. Is this accurate?

Thanks. I've seen people using OPKs even after they have detacted their surge. I've also seen people complain of several positive OPKs in a row.

Why is this?

could be because they catch the surge on its way up and then again on its way down

if its a continous + then could be that the brain is sending signals to the ovaries to release an egg but its not happening....im not a doc. that is just a suggestion . maybe need to go to the docs if it happens every month..

could be because they catch the surge on its way up and then again on its way down

if its a continous + then could be that the brain is sending signals to the ovaries to release an egg but its not happening....im not a doc. that is just a suggestion . maybe need to go to the docs if it happens every month..

Why would they keep testing after a positive OPK though?

if you catch it if the surge is on a up or down it will be +. im guessing it will pick up the LH either way ??

just because you have a surge doesn't necesarily mean you have ovd which is one reason.

because you know you didn't ov on the first surge.

just because you have a surge doesn't necesarily mean you have ovd which is one reason.

as chanel said...

just because you have a surge doesn't necesarily mean you have ovd which is why you keep testing, sometimes your body will try and ov but not actually ovulate.

because you know you didn't ov on the first surge.

ahhh because of the lack of corrolating temps? I see. Thanks.

Does it look like I have Ov'd? Should I stop with the OPKs now? I don't want to waste them unnecessarily as they are expensive.

as chanel said...

just because you have a surge doesn't necesarily mean you have ovd which is why you keep testing, sometimes your body will try and ov but not actually ovulate.

Thank you.

Why do the OPK instructions and sites such as peeonastick.com say that you don't have to keep testing? :confused:

https://www.peeonastick.com/opkfaq.html#5

99.9% of the time iguess a surge would result in ov so no point testing throughout your cycle.

as for your chart, i'd say ov possibly on CD14 but that doesn't match up with OPK so i'd say you may still have to ov.

I usually have a few positives in a row and I keep testing and BD'ing til I have a negative again then I know I have actually ovulated. Sometimes I get positives for a week and if I only BD'd on the first day of a positive then stopped testing, I wouldn't know that I actually ovulated a week later so would have missed it. I think my ovaries just have trouble releasing the egg so it takes me longer but that's why I keep testing so I know when I have ov'd and when I can stop BD'ing every other day.

XxX:kiss:

Also, the OPK's and peeonastick say that as it's 'the norm' to ovulate with 12-36 hours of a positive OPK, but not everyones cycles are 'the norm'. Especially not mine, lol.

XxX

I always test until I see a shift in my temps (confirming ov) then stop. xx

99.9% of the time iguess a surge would result in ov so no point testing throughout your cycle.

as for your chart, i'd say ov possibly on CD14 but that doesn't match up with OPK so i'd say you may still have to ov.

Strange isn't it? I've seen a few charts where the +OPK was after the day of Ov.

However note that I changed brand of OPK on that day. Would that effect it?

the only sure to know that you have ov is by temping. you can have a surge but not Ov..

just keep :sex: woman :rofl:.

I wouldn't bother with any more OPKs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->