when to pack the labour bag??

Miss~Gaby

Reaction score
ok for those who have done this before.... how far along were you when you packed your hospital bag for you and baby????

I'm still busy shopping for a few bits & bobs for it, at the mo everything I have is lying in carrier bags tied up in different cupboards lol I know its still very early for me to pack but if it means everything is in one place and i dont need to hunt for things later on then i might just go for it and put it all in the bag ready.

34 weeks I packed mine. I didnt want to tempt fate for any earlier than that lol.

Hiya most midwifes and magazine articles reccomend about 34 - 36 weeks unless you're expecting a preterm baby for any reason then they say 31 - 32 weeks. Hope this helps x

Packed mine at 34 weeks with first two, with third my partner packed it at 29 weeks as I rushed to hospital in premature labour and didnt have time to pack it myself. This time round I have had it packed and re-packed 4 times so far, since 28 weeks.

ive packed the baby's bag but havent done mine yet.. dont know when i'll get round to doing mine... probably when i feel like i might give birth... :rofl:

I just started doing mine last night. We don't have to take much here, and I live 3 mins. from the hospital, so I'm not real concerned about it.

ive packed babys hospital bag (twice now haha) just to clear room for other stuff, think ive got to much stuff haha. think i will pack my bag when im about 36 weeks because i dont no how big/small il be when the time comes, stil got time to grow haha

ive packed the baby's bag but havent done mine yet.. dont know when i'll get round to doing mine... probably when i feel like i might give birth... :rofl:

Exactly the same lol Baby's bag has been done for weeks but I can't motivate myself to do mine!

xxx

I done mine last weekend. I probably wouldn't have done it this early but I had Nathan at 35 weeks so wanted to get my bag done just incase I have this baby early aswell :)

I pack mine before 24 weeks because I've had a son at 24 weeks.

i didnt pack till 37 weeks and then had him a week later so lucky i did i'd say 36 weeks.

I suppose I should start packing mine soon, but I've only got two pairs of maternity pants, so I don't want to be stuck with one pair packed away. I don't have a lot of shirts that fit either, so again...don't want to be really limited. I should pack Charlotte's bag soon though, I suppose. I only live 5-10 mins from the hospital (depending on traffic and how DH is driving) so I'm not overly concerned.

I've not even boought the bags yet or anything to go in them! going to go buy the bags i've seen this morning and then over next few weeks i will buy the stuff to pack into them. I'll probably gets babies bag done in next week or two. I think i will be adding to mine nearer to the time she's due, as like pitbull said i dont have loads of spare pants/tops to put in there!

Im packed almost! Just got to put some toiletries in but I can't put them in yet, and my notes. Everything else is done!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->