When to send a thank you note before shower...

DobbyForever

Done with One
Reaction score
Hi all!

So I sent out my invites over the weekend and two over zealous people already got me gifts from my registry. One was a gift card ($100) that showed up on my doorstep today, and the other was this super cute bath toy that I saw on tv and just had to have. BUT my shower isn't until May 20th, and I know that they intend on coming to the shower.

Do I give them the thank you note at the shower? Do I mail it to them/give it to them now? I'm so confuseddddddd (but thrilled hahaha)

Normally I would probably send them all at once after but this far out I'd probably go ahead and send one. You can thank them and let them know you are excited to see them at the shower. This way you're both letting them know their gift made it to you with no issues and acknowledging that the shower is still to come.

I agree with the previous person, but I'd call or text to let them know how much it meant to you and then I'd go ahead and send the thank you card. The reason I'd call or text also is because normally at a shower you thank the person and gush over their gift with them there , and then also send them a thank you card to let them know again how awesome they are (or their gift is lol) so in my world if I receive something at my doorstep I call or text right away and gush over it with them and then send a thank you card then because let's face it. You're going to have a ton of cards to do after your shower :haha:

When I was pregnant with DD1, I sent our thank you cards as I received gifts. That way, it's less overwhelming when it comes time to write out the thank you notes for all of the shower gifts. I did the same when people started sending us wedding gifts early when DH and I were getting married.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->