When to start epo?

Mummyxofx2

Reaction score
Almost 35 weeks. When do I start epo? I brought some today ready to start they are 1000mg

Hi sorry I'm no help I've tried to find the answer to this but havnt had much luck.. Some people say 34 others say 36 weeks. So I think you should be fine to start now because it doesn't actually induce labour. I'm going to start taking it at 34 weeks and start inserting it at 36.
Up to you but your safe now :)

Well this is my 3rd pregnancy and both of them I was brought on 1st at 41+4 and was 3cm dialated an my second at just over 37 weeks and I was fully closed =0 so don't want that happening again. I had a cervical exam last week and was high posterior and closed dr said its uncommon due to this being my 3rd pregnancy =( would live to go into labour naturally between 38-40 weeks. Have been drink rlt since 32 weeks that has helped my contractions they seem to be less frequent but last longer. I just read the info thread on both of them and it says in there 34 weeks so I took a tablet tonight. Will take 1 a day until 36 weeks then up it to 2 and then insert one vaginally at 37 plus my 2 orally

You can take them orally now and stick them up your flue at 36 weeks before bed

I start it orally at 34 weeks and vaginally at 36. :)

Vaginally?!

Wow this is new to me!

What effect do they have vaginally?

You put it in before you go to bed and it should be absorbed by the time you have to get up and wee :)

Last question now I promise...

Is it safe to do at the same time as taking raspberry leaf capsules because I'm planning on starting those soon.

Or is that too much prep for my insides?

Don't wanna end up in prem labour

They are supposed to be perfectly safe to take together

Splendid!

I want him out as fast as I can so I can have a kip so ill be trying everything to speed labour up! Haha

No it's perfectly safe as far as I have read. RLT tones uterus and makes contractions more useful during labour I'm pretty sure it doesn't do anything to your cervix. Hopefully in 3-4 weeks ill have a birth story for you to let you know if RLT and EPO work. I have I ly ever been brought on so hoping I go into labour naturally. Both my other labours were fast though 3:41 hours and 2:55 hours yet that's from when I was in active labour not from the start

See I'm not sure how long my active labour was.

My waters broke & he was born 10 hours later. I was at home for 4 of those 10 hours. God knows when I was in active labour from.

I wouldn't want to take it if I've had a fast labour! Would they have my notes at the hospital from my first baby? It was a very long time ago!

Well this is my 3rd pregnancy and both of them I was brought on 1st at 41+4 and was 3cm dialated an my second at just over 37 weeks and I was fully closed =0 so don't want that happening again. I had a cervical exam last week and was high posterior and closed dr said its uncommon due to this being my 3rd pregnancy =( would live to go into labour naturally between 38-40 weeks. Have been drink rlt since 32 weeks that has helped my contractions they seem to be less frequent but last longer. I just read the info thread on both of them and it says in there 34 weeks so I took a tablet tonight. Will take 1 a day until 36 weeks then up it to 2 and then insert one vaginally at 37 plus my 2 orally

Ok I'm going to do the same :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->