When to start storing???

Jezzielin

Reaction score
I would like to start but think that I should wait until my colostrum is done? My son is now only 4 daysold but today everything's starting to turn front hat golden color to more yellow, regular milk color.

I was planning on making sure he finishes the 8oz or so I have saved from pumping while he feeds the other side but wonder if the colostrum is done based on color.

Did ou all wait to start storing until our milk changed? I want to start my supply but just not sure when to start!:shrug:

I would definitley try to wait until your supply has regulated itself so a couple of weeks in. If you pump too much now you may end up with an over supply and will be uncomfortable and leaky.

Anyone else? I mostly am worried about storing colostrum as I'd like him to get it now. Would you wait two weeks? More, less?

I have about 25oz in my fridge stored and today for sure is more regular milk, so wondering if I should give him the milk before today and start storing starting today (he is a week old tomorrow). Or keep waiting?

In the beginning I would pump once per day (in the morning) while lo was feeding on the other side. It was mainly for comfort as lo would only feed from one side for several weeks after birth and my other side would leak like crazy. But I limited it to once per day as not to mess with my supply too much. What I pumped, I would freeze, and quickly got a little freezer stash.

Once I had a good stash, I would just feed him the older milk first and pump when he drank that bottle.

Agree with the others - I would wait until your supply is a little bit regulated then start pumping. My milk came in after 24h and regulated itself at a little over 3 weeks. I plan to start pumping some here and there this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->