When to start weaning ??

Laraa

Mummy to a PrincEss.xxxxx
Reaction score
Hi ladies..as my little girl is growing up very fast i think its time i got some more knowledge on weaning, as i really dont have a clue. When and how do u start? i would love to hear your experiences. thank u. xx

The recommendation is not to begin weaning until 6 months old, babies can easily survive on milk alone until then. Traditional signs that a baby is ready to start weaning (stopping sleeping through the night, putting things into their mouths, showing interest in food etc) do not necessarily mean that a baby is ready for solids. There is a big growth spurt at 4 months which generally just lasts a week or so but can be mistaken as a baby needing solids. Babies will also show interest in anything you do, including eating. Chewing on hands etc is a developmental phase.

Personally I wouldn't wean before 6 months unless it is on the advice of a doctor. I weaned at 5 1/2 months on my doctor's advice and am still not convinced she needed to be weaned at that stage!

Agree with all of the above! I waited until 6 months and even then Sam wasn't ready. He has only just started eating solids in the last 2 weeks. I was pressured by family (MIL) to wean early as she said he was starving and thats why he wasn't sleeping through the night. Well he is eating loads now and still only sleeps through every so often so she was totally wrong!

Yup I agree with the above too. Most babies are ready around 6 months. Mine wasn't ready until nearer 7 months in hindsight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->