When to start wearing maternity clothes?

bagpuss

Mum of 1 little girl Lucy
Reaction score
I have to admit that my jeans and trousers for work as starting to get uncomfy when I'm sitting down :blush:
When did you all start wearing maternity clothes?

i've been wearing maternity trousers a couple of weeks now as i drive alot for work and the waistbands on my normal clothes were causing me issues.

so since about 6 weeks.

I was thinking the same. I only have a small bump but I get bloated all the time and my pants get quite uncomftable. Most of my trousers have some growing room but funnily its my knickers that are really tight!

Also I was wondering if you can get maternity tights (?!?). I wear tights for work and they are really pressing in on my tummy.

I think mothercare do maternity tights at not too bad a price.

https://www.mothercare.com/gp/produ...?ie=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=44322031&mcb=core

I didnt have to start wearing any with the boys until about 24 weeks!

we shall see what happens this time

Oooh, thank you Bagpuss, they are perfect.
I know where I will be going this weekend then!!

I agree with the feeling bloated thing, I am at 6 and a half weeks and my clothes ARE VERY NOTICEABLY tighter and so uncomfortable!! I have worked so hard on loosing weight in the past year (I have been doing yoga every day...but not since a week ago) and it is so hard to watch myself get bigger as opposed to getting smaller. I am constantly reminded, though, by myself and others, how amazingly natural it is and that I need to relax and let myself grow. ahhhh

infact i'd say ive lost weight since ive been preg due to the sickness!

im sure it will all catch up VERY soon lol

My clothes fit me fine in the morning but I bloat (attractively....) during the day and right now my waist band is making me look a bit like a sausage. Nice... Thanks for the hot tip for m/care tights Bagpuss. x

I am the same in the morning my trouser stil clothes but throughout the day I end up opening them at my desk. I cant even do the bobon trick because they arent a button they are like a hook ! I really wanted to get to 20wks without have to wear maternity but somehow I dont think that is going to happen !

I needed new black trousers for work a few weeks ago anyway, so I thought I might as well get maternity ones - they are from Gap and they are really comfy. No-one has noticed as long as I wear long tops to cover the tell-tale elasticated waist-band! It's getting hard to keep my tummy sucked in now though.... hopefully will be able to tell everyone soon!

I have lost 5lbs due to M/S but my jeans are Sooooooooooooo tight. I would like to stay out of maturnity until at least 12 weeks but I am sure I will be giving in next week. Luckly I dont have to work otherwise I would probably already be in them!!

I started wearing maternity trousers for work this week, so 9 weeks.

I have also bought a pair of jeans because I can't get the buttons on my favs done up!!!

I can't wait til 12 weeks when I can just let it all hang out!

x

Oh mine are starting to get tight from bloating and im only 5 weeks but i have been buying maternity clothes of ebay by the bucket load i make do when im at home i wear my elasticated waist pants then when i go out i wear my normal jeans but with a waist extender that i got off ebay that way i dont have to go into my maternity clothes yet.
Same with work just put my waist extender on.
Cant wait to start wearing them though

I was in maternity jeans from 10weeks. found work trousers were better just in a bigger size til i started getting a "bump" shape tho

im 8 weeks 2moro roughly and ive gone up a dress size, i'll buy maternity stuff from 13 weeks i think

my work trousers are also getting too tight and uncomfortable, only thing is though, i wear a uniform (and will need to order a maternity uniform), and don't want to tell work until after 12 week scan, so don't know how i'm going to cope until then! (i'm only 6+4 today!). :shrug:

Like others though, i'm more bloated in the afternoon/evenings - dh told me that i already look like i'm 3/4 months gone! Charming! :blush:

I'm in my normal clothes, at 13 weeks! Everything the same, apart from cup size on bra has increased. I'm a big girl though, and always tend to wear baggy stuff too... And, I lost a stone due to m/s in the past 7 weeks, so that's definitely 'helped'.

Hate buying clothes, so not looking forward to having to buy maternity stuff.

I now only ahve 2 pairs of jeans that fit me. Tried putting on my skinny jeans last night and jesus, that was a bad idea :/ I looked like I had sausages for legs!

It's not so much the waistband issue for me - it's my boobs :hissy:

All my tops are so tight - I look like something from a glamour magazine :hissy: - I wasn't exactly small anyway - being about 32D and a nice size 10 everywhere else but now I'm still size 10 but think I must be heading for 32F as they are HUGE! There is no chance anyone will notice my stomach expanding at work as all anyone can focus on is my HUGE boobs :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->