When to start wearing maternity clothes?

the only things that don't fit me anymore are my skinnies!!! Everything else is fine, just a bit comfortable when I sit down, but fine when I stand up, I wasn't planning on wearing maternity stuff until about 16 weeks!

Ive bought some maternity jeans, as my usual ones just wont do up. Ive been wearing oh trackie bottoms at home, but cant go out like that lol

I'm 9 ish weeks and most of my jeans are too tight now!! I'm hiding it well at work (I think) and am trying to get to 12 weeks before telling anyone but that's looking unlikley!!
Last time I didn't show till 26 weeks but all pregnancies are different. I am already in some maternity clothes.

I'm 24+4 and i'm still wearing the same clothes as i was when i got preg. well not exactly the same obv but they aren't maternity clothes

Bought my first maternity outfit off ebay last week. The trousers are great but need some slight adjustment as they are still a bit big over the bump but will last until the end I reckon. (going to put another button on to each side i think.)

Looking forward to getting pair of jeans I can wear - I've been out of jeans for 3 weeks now and I really don't like trackies. Having to keep wearing my work stuff as it's got more give.....that only just fits now though......:hissy:

Ahhh you've gotta love it! Only got to get to my scan then I can go a bit nuts!! :happydance:

I think you call it the muffin look when your waist band pokes right in to your bloated belly and you have a bump of belly overflowing the top of your trousers! lol (picture a muffin in a muffin case) oops.

I am usually a size 14, but have to wear size 16 trousers for a few days when I ovulate and then when I get AF - I haven't gone back to my size 14s since ovulation this time, which is a good thing cos it means I have baby bloat. I was in maternity stuff from about 14 weeks with DS.

Those belly belt things that extend your normal trousers are really good though - you get about 3 for £13 and they have panels of material that covers the gap where ther zip should be shut!

I'm 10 weeks, and my "larger" jeans are still wearable under the belly ... which is where I wore them anyway, I was always having to hitch them up before!

I'm going to wait until I get a job (or not) before deciding what to buy in terms of maternity wear - no point buying smart trousers if they then get no use!

My local ASDA has started stocking reasonably priced maternity wear i got two pairs of smart trousers for work a plain black pair for £13 and a pinstripe pair for £14. Which i didn't think was too back they had the elastic through the waistband which you can adjust.

Unfortunately not all the ASDA's are stocking Maternity yet as My Bro's GF (she's 22Weeks) went to look at her local store and there wasn't any at all.

Ive got two pairs of linens which have a tracki bottoms style top waistband (so they are pretty much maternity) and ive been wearing them recently despite losing 7lbs its def not lost from me belly! lol

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->