When was your first midwife app?

KirstyE02

Reaction score
I'm in the UK.
I'm 7 weeks 5 days pregnant and haven't had an appointment date yet. I'm just wondering how many weeks you were when you had your booking in appointment?
I'm worried they've forgotten about me lol

I'm in Canada so it's different I go in on Friday.

They do it around 8 weeks if possible. Did you use a self referral form or get referred by the doctors? You should have an appointment date by now so something might have been missed. Call the antenatal clinic and find out if they know about you x

It's usually around or before 10 weeks.
I've got mine today and I'm 9 weeks today.

I've got mine on Monday and I think I'll be 6+1. I'm in the UK too and the way it works in my area is that you contact the doctor to book your first midwife appointment between 5-10 weeks and then your midwife refers you for your booking in appointment at the hospital you choose.

With my previous baby I had it at 9 weeks, we're moving home soon so I'm holding out as long as possible to book the app as carrying notes over is messy, 7 weeks is the earliest they'll speak to you here so I'm hoping to call around 8 weeks.

Mine is on the 30th Nov and I will be 13 weeks. I'm not impressed, I feel palmed off. I had to go to the gp surgery for bloods as I suspect anaemia and really it is the midwife's job to do that BEFORE 13 weeks. Last baby I was seen at 7 weeks.

When I rang the midwe she told me that they like to see you at about 8/9 weeks pregnant and booked me in for an appointment there and then over the phone. I'd ring them if I was you xxx

I did a self-referral online and I got my booking in appointment and 12 week scan date in the post 2 days later. I had my booking appt 2 weeks ago at 8+6 and I have my scan at 12+3.

She rang me today and booked me in for next Saturday when I'll be 9 weeks. This is my second but my son is nearly 5 now and it seems so long ago that I was pregnant with him, I can't remember anything!

I'm in the U.S. and I go in tomorrow at 6w5d. That's the same day I had my first appointment with my first pregnancy, although in that case I had to go in on short notice because of bleeding. I checked another OB-GYN in the area and they'd want to see me at about 8w5d.

I'm in the UK and mine was 8 weeks. I rang my doctors when I found out I was pregnant and they immediately booked me in at the 8 week mark. I thought that was fairly standard in the UK? Most GP's have midwives attached in some way. I see mine at my doctors but I know my friend saw hers at the hospital outpatient clinic as her GP surgery didn't have space for the midwife!

In the US and I'll be 10+1 when I'm first seen.

I'm UK, I got told to ring the local Midwifery team to organise my booking in appointment, she said they didn't do them until 6 weeks minimum (I had mine at 6+3)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->