When will/did start shopping for baby things?

Yo_Yo

Reaction score
I haven't started yet. This is our rainbow baby, and I can't even bring myself to look at things to buy at the moment. I usually love shopping and don't need an excuse either!

When is everyone else starting/started buying?

If you have already started, what have you bought?

Started before even TTC. Just little things. Then at 5 weeks there was this big consignment expo so we bought a whole bunch of stuff because it was cheap like a monitor and swing. And then I found a $500 stroller at a yard sale for $45 so I bought that at 6 weeks. I didn't buy anything else big until recently, so around 17 weeks we got the crib. 21 weeks bought the rocking chair and dresser. Pretty much set on big stuff. Need to get car seat and then my baby shower is in April so we are going to wait until after that to get whatever is leftover that we need.

I like to shop and plan, and my husband wanted to spread out expenses so we started early.

Wow Symphony-you are super organised! Sounds like some great deals you couldn't pass up too!

Makes sense to spread the cost.

I have things from my other babies to hand down like the high chair, cot and some of my dd2s old clothes, so I'm hoping to do one (or a few!) big shop 26+ weeks or so.

We will start shopping after our gender scan at 17 weeks. So far I only have a couple of sleep suits and the perfect prep machine because it was a great price. I'm itching to go shopping but OH wants to know gender first.

Congrats on your rainbow baby <3

I already have most of the big things like pram, carseat, moses basket etc from my last child so its only small things i need to get like bottles, clothes and a new monitor which il probably start getting after i find out the gender next week :)

I have leftover clothes from when my nephew was a baby (4 years ago) and I've bought a few cute onesies over the years. I bought a green blanket and some socks from the dollar store shortly after getting my BFP. And I'll probably start crocheting a blanket once I know the gender.

I also have a play pen that was my nephew's. As for everything else, I'll wait til after my shower (in late June) and purchase whatever I don't get as a gift.

I will need a new carseat, so I just keep watching sales, and I'll buy one as soon as I find a great one at a great price. I will start buying diapers this week, too, as they're on sale really cheap. I do have a TON of diapers left over from my 11-month-old, as I buy several when I find them at a certain price (extreme couponer). I figure if I don't use them and don't get pregnant again, I'll give them away, and I'll make some couples/people VERY happy!

I started shopping after the 12 week scan! Although my parents in law bought a few bits before that the moment we told them at 8 weeks! We did it to spread the cost. We bought the pram, car seat, cot & nursery furniture in the Black Friday sales. Then family bought us the co-sleeper, baby monitor, baby bouncer, play mat in the Christmas sales! So I think we have all the big things now. My family-in-law also went bonkers in the Christmas sales buying clothes for baby! We've also bought a lot clothes in the sales and things like blankets, baby bath etc.

Totally personal choice but it's worked well for us to spread the cost. We've also stuck to the sales which has saved a fortune! I'm one of those people who likes to feel organised too, so I like to feel prepared ha!

Hope you feel ready to get shopping soon :) I know it must be hard but maybe just start with something small, like an outfit you love or even just start to research prams you'd like etc. Looking at/reviewing prams online got me through the worst of my morning sickness days in the first tri! :)

I have a lot of things and clothes already, but I will start organizing everything and buying things after all the anatomy scans are done some time in March. It's very hard for me to make this step after a late miscarriage. I still have not told most of my friends and work yet!

I started buying things before we were even trying. I just picked up bits in the sales, clothes, bibs, blankets etc. I always use to roll my eyes at people buying loads for their babies, my attitude was that babies don't NEED that much and people just go OTT. Well, I had no idea, sterilisers, baby baths, cot sheets, monitors, bottles, it's loads more than I thought, and I can totally see how it adds up!! Plus having to buy maternity clothing as well. Start now honey, its expensive even if you just get the basics, and you have time to research second hand options too. Good luck and must importantly have fun and enjoy it!! Xx

We still have pretty much everything left over from DD so won't need to buy too much. Everything else I'll likely leave until after the 20wk scan. I was tempted to start picking up nappies when I went shopping earlier though as they were bogof

We have stuff left over from dd and I've also been keeping an eye out for people who need to give stuff away and have very gratefully received some wonderful things. I can't buy anything personally before the 20 week scan, I'm not sure why.. I tell myself I want to know the gender first, but really I think I'm just nervous about something going wrong. Also I'm a big believer in really not needing much at all for a baby, especially after my daughter :) don't worry, you have time, you shouldn't make yourself do it. Maybe talk to your partner about how you're feeling about buying stuff? Perhaps you can help each other and make it special.
All the best x

I have nothing lol, so I bought a tote from babies r us that has diapers, wipes, a sample of dreft, and a ton of coupons. My mother in law has given us a few things as well. I have a crib I kept from when I had my son, and my sister in law is going to let us use her bassinet. I'm waiting on our income tax refund then I'm going to buy some cloth diapers. I have already created registries online with Amazon, babies r us, and Walmart. Just hoping for necessities.

We have most things from DD, but we will need to buy another car seat for DD so the new baby can have the infant one she is still using. I will buy some more cloth diapers since DD will still be using hers when baby is born. Otherwise all we need is possibly another crib. Baby will be in our room for at least the first 4 months so we will wait until we are ready to move baby out of our room before we but another crib, because it will depend on whether or not DD is still using her crib or if she'll be ready for a regular bed. I'm pretty sure we will just wait for a sale and then get a new car seat, and just watch Kijiji for some second hand diapers so no real plan on when we are going to purchase.

I bought a few things after the first scan, two Winnie the pooh pictures in frames (as that'll be the theme for the nursery) two my first Christmas sleepsuits as they were reduced to £1 each! A Winnie the pooh album and baby book. We're in the process of buying a house and looking to move next month so I'm not buying anything else until we've moved - less to have to pack!

Only my breast pump and the accessories and one bottle that I found on sale for $2.99 from $15. I'm going to use the same cradle my mom used for me so that's in storage somewhere waiting for me. My mom has bought a couple of things but she didn't tell me what yet. I'm planning on picking up things as I see them on sale.

We had to buy everything again since it has been 7 years. So we went out and got the bigger things, a bedroom set with changetable and crib, car seat, high chair. then my mom offered to throw me a baby shower and i accepted so we've been sorta waiting to see what people opt to do and then we will buy the rest.

I have to say that at 33wks I am having some anxiety since I have only purchased a few sleepers and onesies thus far and now it is looking like baby may be sooner than expected, but the baby shower is in 10 days so hubby is forcing me to restrain until then.

After that we will just go out and grab everything leftover.

I have most things leftover from DS1 + DS2, luckily. We already have the crib, swing, toys, high chair, etc. Pretty much the only thing we will need to buy is a new mattress (DS is now using his old one in a toddler bed), some clothes (we are having a DD this time so only have boy clothes), a car seat, and diapers. I'm not sure when we'll start buying.

I have stuff from DD but I plan to go shopping once we know the gender at my 20 week scan :) I started buying big sister items at 12 weeks :cloud9:

We have an amnio booked for tuesday. (dna issues) so when we get the results from that (plus the gender) is when ill start going crazy. I have lots left over from DD3 but clothes from newborn-6 months (i sold them lol) so if it's another girl she will have a partial new wardrobe. But crib, high chair, carseat etc I still have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->